Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDevelop 4.3 Does Basic C++11

Phoronix: KDevelop 4.3 Does Basic C++11

After spending nearly a year developing the IDE, KDevelop 4.3 is now available. Among the features of this updated program is support for basic C++11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know this is not a C++11 feature but are binary literals supported in the IDE?
    They are supported in the GCC compiler.

Comment

suck

The entirety of KDE 4 is a disgusting mess. Now that Microsoft has jumped onboard the Ahoy-goodtime-fairy-flipping-fart-faster-boxie-cellphone pile, we can all rest assured nobody will want to buy a desktop pc ever again after 2012. Yes indeed Nostradamus predicted the end of the computer because of the smartphone craze.

If you think XP has lasting power then look out, because I predict Windows 7 will stick around for a while. This is good because KDE and Gnome will die out, killed by their own developers.

Just how does this relate to the topic of KDeveloper 4? Well, by golly George it relates to the early days of KDE4. When the preview did exactly the same thing the current version does. ... Nothing but C++.
      Yes, C++ -- it's been doing it since the first Preview. No trolls, hold your fire and magic missles there arch mage. Let me swipe with my Mace of blunder +4, afar and wide.

QT4 is still crap. To back that up, it's default theme causes eyestrain. Nothing seems to line up. I'd frankly rather use WindowMaker which by far is more consistent with normal desktop operations.

Even fluxbox with that desktop add on works generally better. Again to tie this altogether, GVim would provide you with a more reasonable development experience: session saving and detectable menus.

X with Emacs started full screen any day....

But what do I know. I could be wrong and I'm just getting old.

over and out

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
        But what do I know. I could be wrong and I'm just getting old.
        I'm not sure if it's because you're getting old, but when you hate everything around you the problem is definitely you, not the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
          I'm not sure if it's because you're getting old, but when you hate everything around you the problem is definitely you, not the rest of the world.
          Only if the world and all its' infinite glory is comprised of KDevelop4. And so, it is not; therefore, I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
            Only if the world and all its' infinite glory is comprised of KDevelop4. And so, it is not; therefore, I do not.
            kdevelop4, and the rest of KDE, and Gnome, and apparently all the Linux window managers, and windows. And you apparently couldn't be bothered to actually do any research, or you would know kdevelop doesn't just support C++, it also supports python, ruby, php, and qml (i.e. javascript).

Comment

After Qt Creator happened, everything else looks dumb anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X