No announcement yet.

Dear Esther: A Source Engine Game On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source of this information: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...7&postcount=41

Comment

Does this game remind anyone of myst?

Comment

That trailer told me nothing about the game... I bet its some kind of generic fps with a spooky plot :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nevertime View Post
          That trailer told me nothing about the game... I bet its some kind of generic fps with a spooky plot :P
          It's something like Trauma.

Comment

Dear Esther "just" tells a story. There are no puzzles to solve, there is no inventory and nothing/nobody to shoot.
            You cannot jump nor run. Interaction with the environment is practically non-existing and limited to more or less
            obvious trigger points which drives the story.

Having said that, *I* loved it - not only for its beautiful artwork.

Dear Esther ist different.

Comment

Why do I get the feeling people are confusing the Source Engine with the Steam platform itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                Why do I get the feeling people are confusing the Source Engine with the Steam platform itself?
                Because we discuss Half-Life 2 mod here.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                  Because we discuss Half-Life 2 mod here.
                  But it's not a mod anymore, is it? I thought the original game (which was a mod) was remade into a standalone one.

Comment

I was assuming that players would be forced to activate and launch the Source Engine game through Steam, just like every other Source game I know of.

Comment

But it's not a mod anymore, is it? I thought the original game (which was a mod) was remade into a standalone one.
                      Oh, you are right.

Comment

Working...
                      X