Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openSUSE 12.2 Will Bring Plymouth, GRUB2, GCC 4.7

Phoronix: openSUSE 12.2 Will Bring Plymouth, GRUB2, GCC 4.7

OpenSUSE 12.2 Milestone 2 is available today with several new features as the German-founded Linux distribution prepares for its official release this summer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what the eff were they using all these years. is there an alternative to plymouth that gives you early boot animations?

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
      what the eff were they using all these years. is there an alternative to plymouth that gives you early boot animations?
      According to my Zypper, Bootsplash. And given that you still have to rely on things like VESA for the bootspash, there were not a whole lot of reasons to switch. Well, I guess it will work better with opensource drivers now, though.

But GRUB2 is a really nice thing to have! Too bad it doesn't install directly at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
        Of course there are, on my Gentoo boxes I use fbsplash, except for the laptop that boots fast enough not to bother installing any.

Comment

Working...
        X