Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Humble Bundle Launches Today

Phoronix: A New Humble Bundle Launches Today

A new Humble Indie Bundle will launch this morning with the usual criteria: multi-platform, DRM-free games where you pay what you want...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting to watch the graph move about after the initial launch. Mac had a huge majority of the early sales, but now has quickly slipped into third place.

If the last Android bundle is any gauge, I suspect that the Mac percentage will once again be significantly smaller than the Windows and Linux ones, as Mac users are more likely to have an iPhone.

Comment

Played Swords and Soldiers 2 years ago in wine, it was working beautifuly on r200 mesa. Let's see how it is made in native variant.

Comment

zen bound 2

Anyone knows the system requirements to run zen bound 2?

Comment

I have an iPhone and yet I bought both bundles. Not for Android games, of course, but for their Windows, Linux & OS X versions.

But I'm weird, Linux + iPhone is not a common configuration.

Comment

Where is Desura?!

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
            Anyone knows the system requirements to run zen bound 2?
            http://support.humblebundle.com/cust...ents#zenbound2

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
              I hardly believe we will see Desura codes anymore unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
                I hardly believe we will see Desura codes anymore unfortunately.
                Why's that, do you have links to the backstory etc?

Comment

I have suspicions about this issue (just suspicions). Probably Steam agreement for game developers is changed some time ago in order to prevent publishing games in both of Steam and Steam-like services (like Desura). So when developers have choice between Steam and Desura they in fact choice Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                    I have suspicions about this issue (just suspicions). Probably Steam agreement for game developers is changed some time ago in order to prevent publishing games in both of Steam and Steam-like services (like Desura). So when developers have choice between Steam and Desura they in fact choice Steam.
                    This is not true. Take OilRush for example, which can be found on both Steam and Desura (and even the USC).
                    One cause that was speculated some time ago is that there is some tension because the Desura guys themselves are doing
                    a direct rip-off (Indie Royale), although I think this is also not true.

The most likely cause for all this I think is that most developers simply never heard of Desura.
                    Neither making sure all the games are on Desura nor coercing the developers to put their games there is
                    a responsibility of Wolfire, it's simply: If the games are already there, maybe include codes. Else, don't.
                    The fact is that most games today (especially Indies) are on Steam, so it's a no-brainer that Steam codes
                    are included with the bundle.

Comment

Working...
                    X