Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland Officially Arrives

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland Officially Arrives

Phoronix Test Suite 3.8-Bygland has been officially released with many new features to enhance the Linux benchmarking experience...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just installed this on my machine running Ubuntu 11.10 and it just hangs on "Available Tests" when I do a list-tests. Running tests by specifying the names seems to be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
      I just installed this on my machine running Ubuntu 11.10 and it just hangs on "Available Tests" when I do a list-tests. Running tests by specifying the names seems to be ok.

Are you on a firewall / proxy / slow Internet connection?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

None of the above. I waited some 5 minutes and still no luck.

Comment

None of the above. I waited some 5 minutes and still no luck.
          Hmmm strange, the only thing along the code-path for list-tests where it could be hanging would be network related... All tests can be viewed anyhow at http://openbenchmarking.org/tests/pts
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I'll keep trying, with different PCs to see if this was just a temporary failure.

Comment

I tried to install World of Padman but it returned a PHP error near the end. Apparently it tried to allocate 1,6GB or ram:

Code:
              Phoronix Test Suite v3.8.0

To Install: pts/padman-1.1.0

Determining File Requirements ..........................................
                  Searching Download Caches ..............................................

1 Test To Install
                      3 Files To Download [619.83MB]
                      612MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/padman-1.1.0:
                      Test Installation 1 of 1
                      3 Files Needed [619.83 MB / 39 Minutes]
                      Downloading: worldofpadman.run                            [550.23MB]
                      Estimated Download Time: 34m ......................................PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1696625324 bytes) in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/pts_network.php on line 72

Comment

I tried to install World of Padman but it returned a PHP error near the end. Apparently it tried to allocate 1,6GB or ram:

Code:
                Phoronix Test Suite v3.8.0

To Install: pts/padman-1.1.0

Determining File Requirements ..........................................
                    Searching Download Caches ..............................................

1 Test To Install
                        3 Files To Download [619.83MB]
                        612MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/padman-1.1.0:
                        Test Installation 1 of 1
                        3 Files Needed [619.83 MB / 39 Minutes]
                        Downloading: worldofpadman.run                            [550.23MB]
                        Estimated Download Time: 34m ......................................PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1696625324 bytes) in /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/pts-core/objects/pts_network.php on line 72

What distribution are you using? You're encountering some really strange issues.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 with Unity-2D, on Athlon II X4-630, 785G, 8GB DDR3-1333 all at stock speeds. Using integrated graphics HD4200 with latest catalyst 12.2. I have some PPAs enabled, but not Xorg-edgers, or anything else that could impact the system in some way.

Funny... UT2004 demo failed to run. I can't seem to find an error log. Is there any kind of meaningful error logging in PTS?

Note: Strange thing is that I did a clean install of catalyst 12.2 the other day, but PTS reports these versions: fglrx 8.95.3 Catalyst 11.10, OpenGL: 3.3.11554

Comment

Hey, I ran PTS on a few more different systems and -list-available-tests option simply doesn't work. I tried it on Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 on the system mentioned earlier, on a Pentium G840 with H61 mobo and on a mac mini through VirtualBox. It must be a network problem or server configuration issue. Are you blocking -list-available-tests requests to certain countries/ips or something like that?

Next thing to test is PTS 4.0 and other distros and see if the problem remains.

Edit: Ok, that was weird. The request finally came through after about 7 minutes or more and now I can see the list. Still, I don't think it's normal to take so long to display a list of tests.
                    Last edited by devius; 18 May 2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X