Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X.Org Was Not Accepted To GSoC 2012

Default X.Org Was Not Accepted To GSoC 2012

Phoronix: X.Org Was Not Accepted To GSoC 2012

Well, here's a surprise, Google has decided to not accept the X.Org Foundation into participating in this year's Google Summer of Code. Any students interested in contributing to X.Org / Mesa / Wayland over the summer will not be part of Google's annual arrangement...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA3MjM

So they accepted Haiku (full respect to the project but i can't find a real utility) and rejected Wayland??

Angry

I seriously question their judgment in this.

wow

that was weird

hope they'll rethink that

Quote Originally Posted by freedam View Post
    So they accepted Haiku (full respect to the project but i can't find a real utility) and rejected Wayland??
    Maybe they will base the next version of Android on haiku? Bunch of hypocrites.

I see where they're coming from, X projects haven't had a great success rate in the previous years.

How do they know yet? As I understand it the full list will be 180, and when I check now the list only has 149 so far. Yesterday when I checked it went from 69 to 80 something.

Quote Originally Posted by asdx View Post
    Fuck Google.
    Why? Is it because they give away a lot of money and support for this project which gives them little direct benefit other that some recruitment propaganda, and that this year they decided to support a few less projects than last year?

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    I see where they're coming from, X projects haven't had a great success rate in the previous years.
    This is not why. Please don't spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by WorBlux View Post
    Why? Is it because they give away a lot of money and support for this project which gives them little direct benefit other that some recruitment propaganda, and that this year they decided to support a few less projects than last year?
    Just because they accepted something like haiku and rejected very important part of Linux.