• Catalyst 12-3 released

Did not do any tests up to now, but thought someone might

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
    Did not do any tests up to now, but thought someone might

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...ded_linux.aspx
    The obvious questions ensue.

What did it fix?

(More likely)

What did they break this month that was working last month?

(and finally)

Embedded Linux? Is this even the right driver for desktop users?

Comment

The driver says it is FGLRX 8.95, which is Catalyst 12.2

Comment

EGL? Intresting. It work on typical Linux distributions with EGL applications? (Like KWin for OpenGL ES.)

Comment

The driver says it is FGLRX 8.95, which is Catalyst 12.2
          Hmmm. I just found it linked on an german portal which I was crawling like everyday... See

AMD Adrenalin (ehemals Crimson bzw. Catalyst) ist der Treiber für alle Radeon-Grafikkarten. Deutsch, Freeware, kostenloser Download!

Maybe they made a mistake... Hmmmm. Need to take a closer look when I get at my private machine. Anyone tried ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
            Hmmm. I just found it linked on an german portal which I was crawling like everyday... See

AMD Adrenalin (ehemals Crimson bzw. Catalyst) ist der Treiber für alle Radeon-Grafikkarten. Deutsch, Freeware, kostenloser Download!

Maybe they made a mistake... Hmmmm. Need to take a closer look when I get at my private machine. Anyone tried ?
            After looking into it, it's Catalyst 12.2-based and with desktop GPUs it will print an Unsupported Hardware watermark on the screen.

Comment

Anyone tried the 12.4 OpenCL beta for now?
              http://developer.amd.com/Downloads/O...iversLinux.tgz Version 8.96.0

Comment

Dear AMD,

Would it kill any of you idiots to update the documentation instead of shipping some that's 10 years old and lies about what Linux is and refers to Lindows and XFree86?

If you're going to ship this crap that's so outdated that it only serves to increase the download size and make you look retarded, please just strip all of it out. I don't think any of it even applies to a distribution newer than around 2002.

Comment

It may not be obvious, but old distros are a big part of the workstation business. RHEL 4.x support was a priority until very recently.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    It may not be obvious, but old distros are a big part of the workstation business. RHEL 4.x support was a priority until very recently.
                    So is there any chance at all that this would work with the current stable X server? I'm guessing no since you usually don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X