Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Radeon HD 3850 & 3870 TOP

Phoronix: ASUS Radeon HD 3850 & 3870 TOP

Last month AMD introduced the ATI Radeon HD 3800 series as "enthusiast gaming performance for the masses" through the Radeon HD 3850 and Radeon HD 3870, which are both sub-$250 graphics cards. While rudimentary, the Catalyst 7.11 Linux driver (also released last month), supports these two RV670 GPUs with better support coming through the Catalyst 7.12 Linux driver this month. To see how well these two PCI Express 2.0 graphics cards are able to perform under Linux, ASUS had sent out their EAH3850 TOP and EAH3870 TOP. We have tested both of these graphics cards using Ubuntu 7.10 and have compared the results to other products using the fglrx driver, including the ATI Radeon HD 2900XT 512MB. These are the world's first Linux benchmarks of these new mainstream ATI graphics processors.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fine, these are the new ATI cards, but where is the 8800 GT and/or 8800 GTS (G92) test?

Comment

They'll be out soon... Just waiting on those parts to arrive for the official testing.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: ASUS Radeon HD 3850 & 3870 TOP
        Sweet review, and these are going to be sweet cards.

I'm still waiting on the HD3850 Silenced Cards though... I'm planning on bugging my ASUS SM this week about it when they get back from New Year's break (Sapphire already has their card announced).

Comment

hi,
          I would like to see test between 3870 and 8800GT in games in opengl and in wine in game like World of Warcraft with and witout compiz/kde4-window_effect enabled in the backgroud.

I want to buy a graphic card, and I have no idea what to buy, ATI who will have open drivers or nvidia with prioperty drivers (or hacked drivers). I will wait wiith decison of buying card to you new article.

Comment

In the US the prices for the 8800 GT(S) (512 MB) cards are so cheap that i would not think that long about it... In germany this is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              In the US the prices for the 8800 GT(S) (512 MB) cards are so cheap that i would not think that long about it... In germany this is different.
              In Poland (east of Germany) praices are almast the same. GF8800 is just from 50$ to 100$ more expensive. But i need to know, how each one looks in opengl games. Every benchmark is on games with DX and i want on opengl. And is it true that ATI hd 3870 will be compatibile with OpenGL3.0?

Comment

hi
                I don't know if I can post it here because I'm new in this forum

my problem is, that i've got this HD 3850 and I can't find any drivers

the catalyst thing doesn't support this card I think because in the relation news it isn't in the list of supported cards

Thank you for helping!

Comment

Working...
                X