Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Features Of The Linux 3.3 Kernel

Phoronix: Top Features Of The Linux 3.3 Kernel

With the final release of the Linux 3.3 kernel expected to happen in in a matter of days, here's a recap of some of the most prominent Linux 3.3 kernel features that were introduced this cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ethernet teaming? There was already bonding support, where can I find more info?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

No mention of the Open vSwitch support inclusion? That's pretty good news for virt.

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Ethernet teaming? There was already bonding support, where can I find more info?
      team netdevice library. Contribute to jpirko/libteam development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. Link aggregation as it is in the kernel currently supports the 'standard' bonding as defined http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation IEEE 802.1ax.

So if we have something that's allready in the kernel, works as it should according to standard (and better) what is this and why do we need it?

Comment

The team support is designed to be simpler and faster than the existing bond code, and to move more of the logic out of the kernel into userspace so that it can be managed more easily and flexibly.

Comment

Working...
          X