AMD Radeon HD 7950: Southern Islands Isn't Yet A Penguin Holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FourDMusic View Post
    I will never get the time back from reading Q's insane rantings... but hell, I definitely enjoyed the first few posts, then it got annoying.
    It's not all bad, it made me discover what ignore list is for. There's a minor annoyance in that I have to log in all the time now, but phoronix forums are a much better experience now.

Comment

There's a watermark, there isn't.... you just need the official driver, Catalyst 12.2 and you won't have it? It depends on the model of card, no it doesn't.

Typical AMD. There's tons of confusion and yet, it's the same old story. The support is wanting. I hate to praise Nvidia but there's really no other choice but to compare the two. The support for the proprietary driver is relatively punctual. If the support isn't immediate, you can go to the other related web site and post or read posts and sometimes a Nvidia person replies and asks for someone to test. That's how it should be done.

AMD has a website for inquiries but guess what, gents, it's for.....WINDOWS!

One or two AMD ppl post here but it's mostly for OSS driver issues. Once again, repeat after me.... AMD DOESN'T SUPPORT LINUX!

Oh yeah, I agree with Q. The watermark is pointless. I think people will figure out something's not working and if the hardware is fairly new, that it's not supported yet. What is with AMD and Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
        How can I test?
        Unless you have the equipment to directly measure at PCIe slot and extra cable the most convenient method should be to put a power meter directly between wall and computer. That's what I do. Of course you can't actually read the power usage of each component but you can estimate some things and compare. E.g. I did so with CPUs in the same board or GPUs or same GPU with different drivers and operating systems.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          It's not all bad, it made me discover what ignore list is for. There's a minor annoyance in that I have to log in all the time now, but phoronix forums are a much better experience now.
          Thanks for mentioning the ignore list Q is now added

Comment

Working...
          X