Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TitaniumGL: A Faster Multi-Platform Graphics Driver Architecture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice rootkit!

No source = no party. I didn't get rid of a fast, feature rich, ad free driver just for fun...
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

To be fair, it is not a rootkit.

Wikipedia:
      A rootkit is a stealthy type of malicious software (malware) designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection and enables continued privileged access to a computer.
      What you people want to say is adware.

Comment

Originally posted by intgr View Post

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        a) the gallium devs are a bunch of morons having lost several years on developing some crap
        They're busy making sure that the capabilities of your hardware are taken advantage of. Personally I find that more important than software rendering performance in obsolete games.
        Hey, I haven?t said that!!

Comment

I wonder if TitaniumGL somehow uses the 2D accel capabilities of the DDX to accelerate 3d?

Nah, that sounds crazy.

But still, why does vesa crash...?!

Comment

Just a guess but the idea of this library was to get around buggy GL drivers, perhaps it does T&L (Transform & Lighting, a fixed function way like a very primitive fixed vertex shader) on the hardware and does the fragment pipeline on the system's GPU, thus bypassing any potential unstable parts in the hardware driver related to T&L or outright doesn't support T&L on ancient hardware? That would explain why it is roughly just an offset off performance of the nvidia driver and it crashes under the vesa driver which presumably the driver was trying to take over the T&L role and then delegating the rest to software mesa, does this magical library try and link to the system's libGL by any chance? That's a big hint.

Comment

Comparing different stuff here ...an OpenGL 1.x implementation against OpenGL 3.x are magnitudes of difference ... because 1.x is good ol' fixed function pipeline, non programmable, that's a BIG difference in complexity.
              That if we ignore those nasty things in the benchmarks that other users pointed out.

Totally different generation of stuff, and, it seems to be adware blob. thank you, but as I said on the FreeBSD forums, I don't run random blobs from strangers, I can BARELY stand the nvidia one (using a distro with old nouveau drivers), which is a blob from a known company.
              In any case thank you for giving support to the platform, for the people interested in your stuff ... but it's not welcome here.

Regards.

Comment

vertexSymphony: well, actually, writing a programmable pipeline is mutch easyer.

Comment

Originally posted by MistaED View Post
                  Just a guess but the idea of this library was to get around buggy GL drivers, perhaps it does T&L (Transform & Lighting, a fixed function way like a very primitive fixed vertex shader) on the hardware
                  Well, for somebody interested, wouldn't it be pretty easy to watch with strace and gdb whether calls are made to libraries that interface with the hardware?

I always wonder how people can at the same time write the most complex software and at the same time do that weird stuff when deploying it...
                  Code:
                  open("C:\\titaniumgl_license_31242676", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/titaniumgl_license_31242676", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/tmp/titaniumgl_license_31242676", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Windows\\titaniumgl_license_31242676", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\titaniumgl_license_31242676", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/tmp/titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Windows\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/tmp/titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Windows\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/tmp/titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Windows\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/tmp/titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Windows\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.txt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/tmp/titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Windows\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.doc.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("/tmp/titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Windows\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                  open("C:\\Documents and Settings\\titaniumgl_license_31242676.txt.doc", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Comment

My reaction to the article is here:
                    ohai Phoronix users again, i now deliver another software of me: Linux version of TitaniumGL is now finally released! http://legend.uw.hu/TitaniumGL/img/tglogo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by siride View Post
                      Who's gonna hire him?
                      um.. hire him for galium/mesa/llvmpipe/x11 devs?

Comment

Working...
                      X