Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon HD 7950 Running On Linux

Phoronix: AMD Radeon HD 7950 Running On Linux

Here's the first bits of information following Phoronix tests of the "Southern Islands" AMD Radeon HD 7950 graphics card running under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with the Linux 3.2 kernel and the AMD Catalyst driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    "there was still the watermark in the lower right hand corner stating that this was unsupported hardware."

in other words amd do not support linux yet for this card.

i wait for the radeon driver to end this joke.
    I do not get the watermark with 12.2... but I get it with 12.1. Why do we get different results? And what is the other difference with the driver you are using? My OpenGL Version string is different to the one Michael is posting.

Comment

There is an error in Catalyst rendering?

As you can see in this screenshot, there is a difference in rendering between the two drivers and the nVidia binary driver has the same output of r300g and r600g drivers, that has been discussed in this topic. Almost all have thought it is Mesa's fault/radeon driver's fault, but now there are two possibilities:
      1. The error is in Catalyst implementation;
      2. The error is in nVidia blobs AND in r300g/r600g implementations.

What do you think about this?

PS. The screenshot of r300g/r600g renderings is this.

Comment

PNG instead of JPEG

Please consider using PNG instead of JPEG in image quality comparisons.

Comment

Michael,

It seems that your parts listing for the Intel Core i7-3960X in the article is incorrectly displaying 12 cores, when it should be 12 threads instead.

Comment

Wow, that Nvidia screenie looks antialiased (weapon screenshot).
            Last edited by Shnatsel; 10 March 2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X