No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 12.2 For Linux Brings Few Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an older AMD card that works with the r600 mesa driver is not that bad, the performance is quite decent lately and it always supports the latest kernel and xorg.
    But indeed, AMD screwed up the release of the 7000 series even on Windows.

Comment

when will amd fix that stupid hd 5 series error? you notice that with ease with gl2benchmark or xbmc-xvba. 11-12, 12-1, 12-2 broken in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        when will amd fix that stupid hd 5 series error? you notice that with ease with gl2benchmark or xbmc-xvba. 11-12, 12-1, 12-2 broken in a row.
        I have an hd 5770, and 12-1 as well as 12-2 have worked extremely well with xbmc-xvba, 12-2 actually seems to be marginally better that 12-1 for it.

Comment

did you try gl2benchmark as well? i have got a hd 5670 btw.

Comment

A little afraid to try it, my system is mostly functional with either 11.06 or 11.11, and subtly or not so subtly broken with any other revision. I suspect 12.04 will be the next driver worth upgrading to. Looks like the AMD driver cycle is an improved driver, followed by a horribly broken one, followed by 3 months of no forward progress.

Ah well, Kepler should be announced on March 12 or thereabouts. I'm also done with AMD, going 100% green for all my hardware. I'll give AMD hardware another spin in a year or two, I'm too stupid to learn from my (or others) mistakes.

Comment

nope haven't tried gl2benchmark. Forgive my ignorance, but is that a benchmark for openGL ES? thats all I see when I google it is why as I ask

Comment

nevermind my previous post, I installed the package glmark2 from the ubuntu repo, and it ran just fine. I'm guessing the is the benchmark that u are referring to?

Comment

Look there:

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    AMD continues to disappoint!

I am so glad that I have a Nvidia card, not an AMD card.
                    With the nvidia 295.20 drivers, evolution crashes any times I receive an email...
                    For a long time now, nvidia drivers are not so good neither, so please stop your childish amd vs nvidia troll !

Comment

And what fancy 3d effect does your email client use? I would expect that your crash is more sound related.

Comment

Working...
                      X