fglrx 12.2 is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Niccola View Post
    Mine is a HP laptop dv6-6192sf. I have option to change in BIOS like "fixed/Dynamic" switch graphic cards. The commands dmesg, Xorg.0.log, lspci/lsmod is bellow:

dmesg:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Xorg.0.log:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

lspci:

lsmod:

Thanks
    Well, maybe I'm not the best guy to ask this but, which BIOS switchable graphics option do you currently have? Have you tried to switch options on bios? (It can be a bit risky, so I won't recommend you to do this if you've most of your system already working properly...). From the laptop model you've mentioned, your laptop has AMD muxless switchable graphics (aka BACON), so I suspect that your IGP does you monitor configurations... (see figure below) (from you Xorg.0.log: "found backlight control interface /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight", so it seems you IGP controls your monitors... )

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
      Well, maybe I'm not the best guy to ask this but, which BIOS switchable graphics option do you currently have? Have you tried to switch options on bios? (It can be a bit risky, so I won't recommend you to do this if you've most of your system already working properly...). From the laptop model you've mentioned, your laptop has AMD muxless switchable graphics (aka BACON), so I suspect that your IGP does you monitor configurations... (see figure below) (from you Xorg.0.log: "found backlight control interface /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight", so it seems you IGP controls your monitors... )

Cheers
      It depents.. When I want to use my HD6770m I switch to "fixed" mode in BIOS, it offer me OpenGL support from my discrete GPU. But when I want to use the IGP (to powersaving) I switch to "Dynamic" Bios mode... In most part of time I just use Dynamic.

I understood whats happened but, I wonder to know if have something to do to give Display Control to CCC

Comment

Originally posted by Niccola View Post
        It depents.. When I want to use my HD6770m I switch to "fixed" mode in BIOS, it offer me OpenGL support from my discrete GPU. But when I want to use the IGP (to powersaving) I switch to "Dynamic" Bios mode... In most part of time I just use Dynamic.

I understood whats happened but, I wonder to know if have something to do to give Display Control to CCC
        Well, that I don't know, I'm not sure if it's a "feature" from the driver that you don't have something to control your display (because you're using ATI hybrid and not a desktop ATI card)... Sorry...
        From my (small) experience with hybrid graphics I can tell you most of your display features are controlled by you IGP driver and not by your DGPU one. Currently I don't own a laptop with hybrid ATI+?ntel GPU (I have one with hybrid nVidia Optimus), so, maybe you should ask ATI Linux team if not having the option to control your display in CCC is expected for hybrid laptops...

Cheers

Comment

I gave up waiting for a long time ago to switch to the gallium. The gallium is to determine if you are not a game, but I still hope to have the best power management HP 97. Wait a little.

Comment

Working...
          X