• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnome 3 works fine with Catalyst 12.1+.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
      Gnome 3 works fine with Catalyst 12.1+.
      Thanks, i will give it a try. I still have my AMD machine, it is just now consigned to number two.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisiu View Post
        It doesn't compile against Linux 3.2. Be warned
        To build the fgrlx module (both 12.1 and 12.2) against all 3.2 kernels >= 3.2.8 and all 3.3 kernels >= 3.3-rc4, you need the patch in this thread:

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...472#post253472

Comment

Originally posted by Gennar1 View Post
          To build the fgrlx module (both 12.1 and 12.2) against all 3.2 kernels >= 3.2.8 and all 3.3 kernels >= 3.3-rc4, you need the patch in this thread:

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...472#post253472
          I forgot to mention that the patch is needed only for 32 bit kernels. 64 bit kernels are not affected.

Comment

intel

I have to agree with grege about Intel. I am tired of waiting for AMD to get their drivers working. Switch to Intel and nVIDIA. I have been an AMD user for years and they only seem to really support Windows. My system is a Toshiba A6-3400M with a Radeon HD 6520G and have had issues from day one on Linux. KDE seems to be fine though on the video where as gnome-shell crashes a lot with graphical glitches and slowdowns (slowdowns fixed with CLUTTER_VBLANK=none). On Debian based distros (not Debian itself) seem to suffer from not detecting my keyboard and touchpad therefore they don't work. Sometimes it does which doesn't make any sense. Fedora has no problems on that matter. All distros testing Suspend/resume results in me having to pull the battery because it puts my laptop into a coma. I've had the best luck with Fedora 16 64-bit KDE. Still waiting for kmod to support the newest kernel and it'll be fine.

Comment

Fedora 16 x86_64 build

Im having issues building this still:

more fglrx-install.log
              Uninstalling any previously installed drivers.
              Unloading radeon module...
              ERROR: Module radeon is in use
              Unloading drm module...
              ERROR: Module drm is in use by radeon,ttm,drm_kms_helper
              [Message] Kernel Module : Trying to install a precompiled kernel module.
              [Message] Kernel Module : Precompiled kernel module version mismatched.
              [Message] Kernel Module : Found kernel module build environment, generating kernel module now.
              AMD kernel module generator version 2.1
              doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
              rm -rf *.c *.h *.o *.ko *.a .??* *.symvers
              make -C /lib/modules/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64/build SUBDIRS=/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x modules
              make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64'
              CC [M] /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o
              CC [M] /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o
              In file included from /usr/src/kernels/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64/arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess.h:575:0,
              from include/asm-generic/termios.h:51,
              from /usr/src/kernels/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64/arch/x86/include/asm/termios.h:1,
              from include/linux/termios.h:5,
              from include/linux/tty.h:41,
              from include/linux/vt_kern.h:11,
              from /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.c:35:
              /usr/src/kernels/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64/arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess_64.h: In function ?copy_from_user?:
              /usr/src/kernels/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64/arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess_64.h:57:7: error: called object ?2? is not a function
              make[2]: *** [/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o] Error 1
              make[1]: *** [_module_/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x] Error 2
              make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64'
              make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
              build failed with return value 2
              [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult readme.
              [Reboot] Kernel Module : dracut

Going to attempt 12.1 and wait and see what happens with 12.2

-Stephen.

Comment

Catalyst 12.2 monitor options...

Hi phoronixers!
                I want to know about monitor configuration before install the Catalyst 12.2 because my installed 12.1 version is doing "its job" very well. But, sadly, I haven't the monitor configuration options in my catalyst manager. As you can see in the attached image below. (the green mark, or the left listed options)

I wonder to use a secondary monitor and configure it to be a different (secondary) desktop, using Catalyst Manager. I have a new hybrid graphic laptop and before it I had a Radeon HD2400 laptop's graphic card. And with my old, I could configure the external monitor using Catalyst Manager.

Comment

Still without Display Manager in Catalyst 12.2

So guys, I couldn't wait for response so I decide to install the new CCC 12.2 in my system and for my surprise it doesn't "fix" the problem for missing "Display Manager"!!!!

So, I wonder to know if one of you have the solution of it... I've googled it and I can't find anything about! I'm using the crap monitor manager software natively from Ubuntu 11.10. But it doesn't offer me all funcionalities like CCC older versions (in my old HD2400) offered me a time ago. And now, with this hybrid graphic card (as described in last reply: HD3000 + HD6770M) it just doesn't appear!!!!

As you can see in the image below, the 12.2 still without Display Manager:

Help me, please! It drives me crazy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Niccola View Post
                    Hi phoronixers!
                    I want to know about monitor configuration before install the Catalyst 12.2 because my installed 12.1 version is doing "its job" very well. But, sadly, I haven't the monitor configuration options in my catalyst manager. As you can see in the attached image below. (the green mark, or the left listed options)

I wonder to use a secondary monitor and configure it to be a different (secondary) desktop, using Catalyst Manager. I have a new hybrid graphic laptop and before it I had a Radeon HD2400 laptop's graphic card. And with my old, I could configure the external monitor using Catalyst Manager.
                    Well, I'm not very sure which kind of switchable graphics you're using (is it switchable by mux/BIOS or is it muxless?). If it's muxless (like your case seems to be), the graphics framebuffer is done by your Intel IGP, and not your ATI graphics card... It'd be useful if you posted here the output of your Xorg.0.log, lspci/lsmod and dmesg... Maybe someone here at the forums can help you...

Cheers

p.s.: I don't know much more about AMD switchable graphics, sorry...
                    Last edited by evolution; 27 March 2012, 06:14 PM. Reason: adding forgotten text

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
                      Well, I'm not very sure which kind of switchable graphics you're using (is it switchable by mux/BIOS or is it muxless?). If it's muxless (like your case seems to be), the graphics framebuffer is done by your Intel IGP, and not your ATI graphics card... It'd be useful if you posted here the output of your Xorg.0.log, lspci/lsmod and dmesg... Maybe someone here at the forums can help you...

Cheers

p.s.: I don't know much more about AMD switchable graphics, sorry...
                      Mine is a HP laptop dv6-6192sf. I have option to change in BIOS like "fixed/Dynamic" switch graphic cards. The commands dmesg, Xorg.0.log, lspci/lsmod is bellow:

dmesg:
                      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Xorg.0.log:
                      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

lspci:

lsmod:

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X