TitaniumGL 3D drivers (linux version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
    Kickstarter page then? If he agreed to it at least that would be one way to get alot of publicity and generate some cash for him to open source it.
    Doesn't kickstarter disallow this? I think it's for stuff that doesn't exist yet (gaining funds in order to begin development). Not for stuff that already exists.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Doesn't kickstarter disallow this? I think it's for stuff that doesn't exist yet (gaining funds in order to begin development). Not for stuff that already exists.
      well i think they could do what the The Debian Administrator's Handbook did.

First time accepted submitter buxy writes "Roland Mas and me [Raphael Hertzog] are the authors of a French Debian bestseller. We want to translate this book into English and publish it under a license compatible with the Debian Free Software Guidelines. That would be the first free and up-to-date bo...

Written by two Debian developers — Raphaël Hertzog and Roland Mas — the Debian Administrator's Handbook started as a translation of their French best-seller known as Cahier de l'admin Debian (published by Eyrolles). It's a fantastic resource for all users of a Debian-based distribution. Accessible to all, this book teaches the essentials to anyone who […]

not sure if kickstarter allows it, but others do. i.e indiegogo, ulule, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
        Who ever proposed merging it with Mesa?
        Here and in the other thread some people think that the project is in any way useful to us, so I wanted to set things straight.

Comment

*cough* *cough* ... an english version of the code doesn't exist lol from what was said that would be a project. Perhaps I am wrong but kickstarter seems to be ok with such projects I didn't see anything in the guidlines I thintk it would be how you defined it though... pay to open souce titaniumGL vs Project to release titaniumGL source and translate it to english. Then it would have a defined beginning and end... the release of the source and completion of being translated to english.

Oh well... you guys were practically devolving into a flame war so I figured I might suggest some possible solution and as you said other sites definitly do allow such projects. I mean for crying out loud get a life people! I was reading stuff on the kwin developer's blog about TDE and basically how he is pissed off at them for renaming kwin to twin (sensible thing to do really..) and how he is throwing a tantrum and refusing to tell timothy pearson where some of the code he has changed will supposedly lead to twin not starting up X.x.

Oh well at least the guys working on mesa and X seem to generally have decent control over thier egos

*carry on* ... this is phoronix after all king of page views

Comment

This is realy interesting stuff - and extremly impressive considering it was written by a single developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
              This is realy interesting stuff - and extremly impressive considering it was written by a single developer.
              thankyou ^^

Comment

There is an update on the linux version:

-64-bit version released.
                -fixed some stability issues
                -TitaniumGL software renderer now uses packet-based out-of-order rendering, wich allows to incrase the number of rendering threads
                -Software rendered version can now utilize up to 24 cores.
                -TitaniumGL now uses smaller memory stack
                -1.5x-2x speed-up in the software renderer when using 4 core computers
                -There is a modern and a legacy versions, compiled with different gcc-s. Legacy version is for old distributions.

i hope this version will fix the crash problems on vesa driver too. at least it worked okay for me.
                get it while its hot:

Last edited by Geri; 25 July 2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Impressive that you're still working on that.

Just so people know what they can expect:

Minetest: SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
                  Code:
                  #0  0x00007ffff767375e in HaromszogRenderel_szuperthread () from /home/foo/Downloads/TitaniumGL/64bit/libGL.so.1
                  #1  0x00007ffff767b3eb in haromszogekki_szuperthread () from /home/foo/Downloads/TitaniumGL/64bit/libGL.so.1
                  #2  0x00007ffff767b724 in haromszogek0ki_szuperthread () from /home/foo/Downloads/TitaniumGL/64bit/libGL.so.1
                  #3  0x00007ffff675cdd2 in start_thread () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
                  #4  0x00007ffff5604cdd in clone () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
                  But with intel and MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=1.4 minetest it runs.

Performance is meh, but it's probably not far from what a software renderer can do, even when rendering rather inaccurate. Fonts are not accurate, sort of an interlacing effect. supertuxkart sort of renders mostly correctly ~1-2 fps, maniadrive renders pretty much incorrectly with heavy jumps between frames, ~1 fps.
                  openarena on 640x480 has sort of playable fps. On a related note, openarena by default will start in fullscreen and disable your second monitor and exiting it will leave you with cloned screens instead of side by side like you had set up before. Guys, it's 2013. Get this right, please.

By the way, when running minetest in gdb, there is a huge number of threads created and destroyed that scroll by. And by huge I mean huge. Maybe you can get more performance when reusing threads.

Comment

hi, thanks, i will check that game, becouse that crash should not happen on that place.

reusing threads was alreday in plan, but for security reasons, not yet tryed how it perform.
                    (also there is not so huge amout of threads executed, so it should not affect negatively the performance)

also, what computer do you have? supertuxkart should be playable on a recent 4 core cpu (20 fps+)

but it's probably not far from what a software renderer can do
                    oh.. well... umm.. there is 10-40x faster rasterer algos exist than my algo

in the last year somebody shown a raster algorithm that consumes only 4-10 clock per pixel (including texturing)

if the really smart peoples would put they head together, to write a very fast software rasterizer, it would basically outperform on 4 cores every graphics card and igp's cheaper than 200 usd. however, when a very fast software renderer appears, nvidia and amd outbuys them immediately, and digs them very deeply (nobody would hear from them any more). for obvious reasons.
                    Last edited by Geri; 26 July 2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

TitaniumGL 2014, 01. released

-Well a few days still left until 2014, whatever
                      -Added mip-mapping support for the software renderer
                      -5-25% generic performance gain
                      -Fixed some ,,dotting'' bugs with the software renderer
                      -Fixed some segmentation fault bugs (texture upload forgot to lock rendering...)
                      -Fixed a memory-pool related crash on linux
                      -32 bit binary now compiled again with i686 flag
                      -Software renderer now supports up to 128 threads instead of 24

Comment

Working...
                      X