Radeon Gallium3D Now Sort Of Works For OpenCL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    My impression was that we're talking about different levels of functionality -- Francisco was working on runtime but not using the full compiler stack (shaders were in TGSI IIRC), while Tom was working more on compiler and is running an top-to-bottom stack.

Take that with a grain of salt, but at first glance this milestone is a logical progression from the previous one. It's always tempting to view this as a competition between independent development efforts but I don't think that's actually the case.
    Thanks for the reply. I actually don't care much about OpenCL, but the way the article was written, something didn't sound quite right...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      My impression was that we're talking about different levels of functionality -- Francisco was working on runtime but not using the full compiler stack (shaders were in TGSI IIRC), while Tom was working more on compiler and is running an top-to-bottom stack.

Take that with a grain of salt, but at first glance this milestone is a logical progression from the previous one. It's always tempting to view this as a competition between independent development efforts but I don't think that's actually the case.
      Looking at it through the web page, I saw that he pulled from Francisco's tree.
      So I sure wouldn't consider it fully independent efforts.
      Most of the work seems to be in r600/llvm.

Comment

Working...
      X