Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 5.4 Release Brings Many Changes

Phoronix: PHP 5.4 Release Brings Many Changes

PHP 5.4.0 was officially released today as a major advancement over the PHP 5.3 code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

New version of PHP? Best way to write about it is to break your PHP-based website. Love it.

Comment

For me the biggest PHP 5.4 feature is performance boost. I develop a large web app in symfony1 and Zend1 - when I upgrade from PHP 5.3 to PHP 5.4 I see a great - sometimes over 25% speedup in page creation times. The only thing that now I'm waiting are PHP 5.4 fixes for Zend.

Best regards,
      Michal

Comment

Built-in web server features & performance

I know that the built-in web server is only for testing and development purposes, and that it is not for production use.

That said, I am still curious though as to what features it supports and how it performance.
        I don't expect it to perform well, since its not intended to, but it would still be fun to see some benchmarks.

How does it work under the hood?
        Is it multi-threaded, is it asynchronous? Is it event-based? Does it use epoll()?

Comment

Working...
        X