Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tizen SDK Beta, Source Code Available

Phoronix: Tizen SDK Beta, Source Code Available

Tizen, the Moblin-Maemo-MeeGo offspring, has seen its release of its SDK, the SDK source-code, the Tizen Web UI framework, and the Tizen Web API as beta. The developers still plan to have a final Tizen release out in the second quarter of this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

where alternative mobile linuxes go to die?

Moblin, Maemo, Meego, LiMo, Bada --> Tizen

Now with WebOS being abandoned by HP I guess it is just a matter of time until that is also eaten by the same phenomenon...

I am still sad that Qt was abandoned before MeeGo even had a chance to prove itself.

Comment

Mer project(http://merproject.org) seems more stable to build something on, as I understand many (most?) of the meego developer gone over to it, but I maybe wrong, I am not involved in the Moblin/Maemo/Meego/LiMo/Bada/Tizen-world.

What I can understand the Spark tablet is built on top of Mer that is for me more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by staalmannen View Post
        Moblin, Maemo, Meego, LiMo, Bada --> Tizen

Now with WebOS being abandoned by HP I guess it is just a matter of time until that is also eaten by the same phenomenon...

I am still sad that Qt was abandoned before MeeGo even had a chance to prove itself.
        While Tizen will probably not use Qt, there are still two open platforms that will: Plasma Active and WebOS! Well, I think WebOS only really makes use of QtWebkit but WebOS relies heavily on Web technology anyways, right?

Comment

Working...
        X