Windows 8 Beta released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 Beta released

It is the biggest fail of an operating system I have ever seen.

I literally gave up and asked my brother if he could help me to find the shutdown/restart buttons, settings. You need a Microsoft account for basicly everything. You're scrolling all the time. Importing non-Windows 8 applications leaves a mess in Metro (the new and only start menu).

I don't even want to bash MS, I like the Window 7 interface, I like Unity, I like Android, and I can work with KDE and GNOME Shell if needed. Windows 8 however, I am not sure if they are actually serious with this. It will KINDA work for tablets, forget about it on desktops/notebooks.

Want to know how it feels without downloading the beta? Go to a phone store, play with Windows Phone 7, then imagine this scaled up on your big screen with a keyboard and mouse.

Maybe someday, sane user interfaces will make a resurgence. You know, desktop interfaces on desktops, tablet interfaces on tablets... *sobs*

Comment

I only like one product of Microsoft that is window XP. I didn't use window 8 but used 7 and vista both are waste to give a try. I am a Linux user from past 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        It is the biggest fail of an operating system I have ever seen.

I literally gave up and asked my brother if he could help me to find the shutdown/restart buttons, settings. You need a Microsoft account for basicly everything. You're scrolling all the time. Importing non-Windows 8 applications leaves a mess in Metro (the new and only start menu).

I don't even want to bash MS, I like the Window 7 interface, I like Unity, I like Android, and I can work with KDE and GNOME Shell if needed. Windows 8 however, I am not sure if they are actually serious with this. It will KINDA work for tablets, forget about it on desktops/notebooks.

Want to know how it feels without downloading the beta? Go to a phone store, play with Windows Phone 7, then imagine this scaled up on your big screen with a keyboard and mouse.

Thanks you for the post.

Comment

Thank you so much for the post.

Comment

Working...
          X