Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D VDPAU State Tracker Gets Ready For Action

Phoronix: Gallium3D VDPAU State Tracker Gets Ready For Action

Christian K?nig of AMD has shared his plans for completing work on the VDPAU state tracker for Gallium3D. This Gallium3D state tracker allows for NVIDIA VDPAU video acceleration using GPU shaders on open-source hardware drivers such as Radeon and Nouveau...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great! If we're lucky we might have usable VDPAU acceleration in open-source drivers by this Fall.

Comment

Awesome!

Absolutely great! This has been THE feature for me in the open source drivers that was needed!

Comment

I realized what Cristian was doing these days...now it is Tom's turn

Comment

VDPAU is not only an API for decoding - it also includes a presentation API that is much, much more powerful than Xv. These commits are all about the presentation part of VDPAU. There still is no useful decode acceleration support available.

Comment

Wait what ? Page-flipping / tear free on secondary displays ? Really ? For sure ?
            I always thought that there was an limitation in the underlying drivers that prevented this. It'd be awesome to have this (does it also work on secondary cards ?). I'd be grateful for references / comments on this ...

Comment

Hope you guys realise, you absolutely need to tighten GPU acceleration to powermanagement? A machine that is using just even more mA?s due to "acceleration" could leave a bad impression. Ty.

Comment

Very nice! Can't wait for the h264 decoding!

Please don't forget to add 10 bit decoding as well!

Comment

Damn those Nvidia binary blobs that are constantly trying to take over the world... OSS FTW! </sarcasm>

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                    Awesome!

Absolutely great! This has been THE feature for me in the open source drivers that was needed!
                    +1. We want to see performance tests of this!

Comment

Working...
                    X