Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Like To See Out Of Mesa 8.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More more number of and use of regression, unit tests by driver devs.
    Go more piglit. This also counts for games that use OpenGL. Add some shader constructs rendering tests that you need to work in order to let your game work. This way driver devs can use tests and correct their bugs very early.

What I want to see:
    Hyper-Z for r300 and 600, the r300 first.

Full OpenGL x.x(as much as possible) and everything required for WebGL and OpenGL ES.
    (Through use of the es2 compatibility things, it only needs OpenGL2.x level hardware to do this decently right?)

Relatively bugfree r300-r600

Wayland

Power management

Performance

DMA-BUF

Comment

PM

Power management is not handled by Mesa.

Comment

+1 power management (though I suspect most parts of that to be kernel and not exactly mesa but I'll see things as a whole)
        +1 performace
        +1 S3TC
        +1 compatibility and support of OpenGL verstion that the HW is capable of
        +1 video decode via UVD/+/2/3...
        +1 support of recent chip models, be it dedicated cards or on APUs
        +1 multi GPU by means of switching GPU (onboard/dedicated or something) and by means of (hybrid)crossfire
        +1 opencl stuff
        +1 OpenVG

+1 if someone would really care to have a driver for Geodes, VIA *chrome cards, XGI chips (lol), SiS (more lol) and such stuff
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Power efficiency is actually somewhat related to mesa, having some shader use x% less gpu time means direct wattage savings

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Power efficiency is actually somewhat related to mesa, having some shader use x% less gpu time means direct wattage savings
            Yes you're right, this is an indirect effect of the efficienty of the mesa code.

Comment

Working...
            X