AMD Will Properly Support KWin With Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "quite good". Afaik, their OpenGL performance lags behind Direct3D. With nvidia, they're usually on par (I get 34fps in unigine 2.5 in dx11 and 31fps in opengl mode). I'd ve happy to hear AMD has closed this gap, but I haven't seen many OpenGL tests lately and none that compared directly to DX.
    But we don't know how similar the OpenGL and the Direct3D renderers actually are in Unigine.

Are there reasonably complex benchmarks where it was even possible to implement the same algorithms in a similar way in Direct3D and in OpenGL so that we can know we are actually benchmarking Direct3D vs OpenGL implementations in the graphics drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
      But we don't know how similar the OpenGL and the Direct3D renderers actually are in Unigine.
      You don't need to know, because you can compare the difference between DX and GL.

Comment

Originally posted by jgardia View Post
        Agreed, I'm Chilean and I went through the page reading everything without problems. The most difficult one is the one spoken by a minority in Europe, and even that one is quite easy.
        I knew I wasn't the only Chilean in Phoronix!

Comment

Er, really?

Oh. Ok. I had said in the original post back when the kwin fella said that he was going to drop GL1.. that AMD would never listen to something like this. Obviously, I was wrong. Actually, I was wrong twice since actually the Open Source drivers (for my Mobility 5870 at least) work just fine with all the stuff I normally do anyway.

Well, there you have it. I was wrong and I'm willing to admit it, lol. Good for us that AMD's going to fix this, I prefer their cards to nVidia's.

Comment

Originally posted by jgardia View Post
            Agreed, I'm Chilean and I went through the page reading everything without problems. The most difficult one is the one spoken by a minority in Europe, and even that one is quite easy.
            It is so hard to speak Spanish...
            Hola a todos, somos hermanos y somos colombianos, y esta canción la hicimos como homenaje a nuestro querido idioma. Acuérdense de suscribirse a nuestro canal...

From a Spanish from Spain (living in Germany).

Comment

Working...
            X