Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFS File-System Speeded-Up, Cleaned-Up Last Month

Phoronix: XFS File-System Speeded-Up, Cleaned-Up Last Month

A status report of the XFS file-system for January 2012 has been released. This report outlines some of then notable improvements made to this popular enterprise-grade Linux file-system for the Linux 3.2 and 3.3 kernels...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to see new improvements

I haven't used XFS in a very long time (~8 years or so), but it is good to see that development is still alive & well. I never had any of the data loss issues that I have heard about from other people over the years, but it is good to see that the repair utility is being improved as well. With EXT4 being put into maintenance mode, it is good to have development being made to XFS in addition to all the work being done to get BTRFS ready.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
      I haven't used XFS in a very long time (~8 years or so), but it is good to see that development is still alive & well. I never had any of the data loss issues that I have heard about from other people over the years, but it is good to see that the repair utility is being improved as well. With EXT4 being put into maintenance mode, it is good to have development being made to XFS in addition to all the work being done to get BTRFS ready.
      I used to use XFS on my home machines, and I worked in an IRIX lab for a few years using XFS. The filesystem worked pretty well for me, and I never lost any data to the filesystem... dead drives yes, but never the filesystem. Now-a-days I'm using ext4, but I still like to see effort being put into alternative filesystems.

Comment

Working...
      X