Adobe Announces Plans To Abandon Flash On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash 11.2 released

By the way, Flash 11.2 has been officially released a few days ago, and it fuckin' rocks on Nvidia Geforce 8+ hardware! I don't get any crashes anymore, it uses hardware accelerated decoding and rendering (vpdau) and therefore hardly uses any cpu resources. I installed it via the firefox flash aid addon, to enable hardware acceleration, very handy method!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
      At least, Flash 11.2 seems to become the best working Flash version on Linux so far. I tried the beta 5 and it did vdpau video rendering and also accelerated video decoding for me. The CPU usage was notably lower than with 11.0 or 11.1. It still crashes a lot though.
      Try disabling accelerated video decoding and be surprised how the best working flash version so far has swapped red/blue channels.
      Also I wouldn't call it good, not even usable, until https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?...bug&id=2908816 is fixed.

Comment

I wonder if the upcoming switch to Wayland had anything to do with this Adobe decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
          and it fuckin' rocks on Nvidia Geforce 8+ hardware! I don't get any crashes anymore, it uses hardware accelerated decoding and rendering
          Really? Crashing like crazy here.

Comment

Hmm you are right, it does not like fast seeking.. Which Nvidia driver version are you using?

Comment

Working...
            X