Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, add kernel patch definition

I compiled the kernel 3.4.0-rc5 but I can not hear audio with radeon 6450
    Last edited by Vincenzov; 02 May 2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

compiling next git and try :-).

Comment

Any news on this? Is this supposed to work now with the latest drm merge?

I guess not, since
        Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        DCE5 audio (Northern Islands) is identical to DCE4 audio (evergreen).
        but drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/evergreen_hdmi.c reads
        Code:
        if (ASIC_IS_DCE5(rdev))
          return;
        Any other patches floating around for stereo output one can try?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          I forget who asked about multichannel support -- first key point is that the limitation is in the generic audio driver, not the HDMI audio portion (we released info which should be enough for the HDMI audio hw). The HD Audio public spec used to be 2 channel only and our hardware used some third party info to support 5.1 etc..

The public spec was recently updated to include multichannel support; what I don't know yet is whether the public HW spec matches our HW, ie whether that is sufficient to add multichannel support to the audio driver.
          Can you let me know, what specs are you referring to, please?

Originally posted by dhewg View Post
          Any news on this? Is this supposed to work now with the latest drm merge?
          I was recently hacking my NI card but it required other general HDMI/audio fixes first. Fortunately we have all improvements & fixes in Linus's tree right now.
          It means I focus strictly on NI now, I believe we will get HDMI audio support in 3.5 kernel. We've a long weekend in Poland this week, so give me few additional days.

Comment

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
            I was recently hacking my NI card but it required other general HDMI/audio fixes first. Fortunately we have all improvements & fixes in Linus's tree right now.
            It means I focus strictly on NI now, I believe we will get HDMI audio support in 3.5 kernel. We've a long weekend in Poland this week, so give me few additional days.
            Just noticed the patch you've posted and will gladly try that tonight. Thanks for working on this, Rafał!

Comment

Hi, now workgood radeon evergreen, but radeon serie NI works?

Comment

dhewg: great, waiting to hear from you about the results. Christian reported his Cayman still doesn't work with that patch So there is still some issue to be resolved. But maybe it'll be working for you, just like it works for me.

Originally posted by Vincenzov View Post
                Hi, now workgood radeon evergreen, but radeon serie NI works?
                You need to grab kernel 3.5-rc2 and apply:
                [PATCH][drm-fixes?] drm/radeon: enable HDMI on DCE5 (AKA NI excluding Aruba)

I suggested Dave taking this patch for drm-fixes, which means 3.5-rc3. We have to wait for Dave decision. If he doesn't accept this patch we will see it in 3.6-rc1.

Comment

i have compiled kernel 3.5.0-rc2 and evergreen work good.
                  Can patch kernel 3.5.0-rc2 with patch NI? where find a patch.
                  Thank for this work

Comment

Thank for this work

Comment

Thank for this work
                      I don't have .patch file on the machine I'm using using right now. You can try:

Comment

Working...
                      X