Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Core Closes Shop

Originally posted by Phoronix News
    January 04, 2007 -- There is no more Fedora Core! Fedora Core and Fedora Extras are being eliminated. However, do not fear as the Fedora Project will remain. As Bill Nottingham pointed out today in a message on the fedora-devel-list, Fedora Core and Fedora Extras will be merged into one. This change has come after much discussion with there being virtually no differences between the Core and Extras packages. A revised release schedule was also mentioned in this announcement. Fedora 7 Test 1 (F7T1) will be released later this month (January 23, 2007), which is the first of three test releases. The final release of Fedora 7 should hit the Internet on April 26, 2007. With the release schedule marking the development freeze on April 5, we hopefully won't see any further delays in the schedule like we had seen with Fedora Core 6 Zod. The Fedora 7 schedule is also available on the Fedora Project Wiki.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

It's just too bad that Fedora is so GNOME-centric, otherwise I'd give it a spin. Apparently OpenSUSE's KDE is much more polished (and that slick new menu is making me curious) so I'll be trying it soon.

Comment

Working...
    X