Netflix almost works on wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix almost works on wine!

I used wine 1.4-rc4 from the wine PPA on the winehq.org website.

First, create a new wineprefix.

Next, I installed .NET 2,3,4 using winetricks (winetricks dotnet20 dotnet30 dotnet40). For .NET 4, you'll have to get the latest winetricks. (See the Wine Appdb page for .NET 4).

I also installed vcrun2005 since Firefox crashed many times complaining about msvcp80.dll

Then I installed silverlight 5 (developer version - I think I used the 32 bit version, not sure).

Tried a few silverlight apps from the Silverlight showcase site. Only one of them actually showed anything, it started loading and even got to 100% once but then got stuck there and wine did show some errors but I couldn't make out what the problem was.

As for netflix, logged in, site loaded tried to resume a movie that I had been watching before. The page loads, I get the spinning blue thing but it gets stuck after a few seconds (just like the other silverlight apps). Not yet there, but Wine is moving closer.

Oh and I forgot. The plugin keeps getting stuck, CPU usage shoots up to 100%. After logging in, I had to kill plugin-container so that the main page would respond. When trying to play something, the same problem occurs.

Comment

I am sorry to say this but that's NOT 'almost works'. That is "After many a dirty tricks, it still doesn't work."

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
        Netflix almost works on wine!
        We can almost watch movies?

Comment

Working...
        X