Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.62 Brings New Render Engine Features

Phoronix: Blender 2.62 Brings New Render Engine Features

Blender 2.62 was released on Thursday with notable improvements to the Cycles Render Engine, motion tracking, the Blender Game Engine, and much more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When I use the Cycles-Engine and GPGPU-Support (activated in the preferences menu), then I always get a black screen as render result on my Radeon HD5870 - under Windows and Linux. I know that there are some issues with OpenCL and Cycles but no output at all is a bit more than a small issue. ^^

Comment

What exactly are they doing with Collada? From the release notes:

A Second Life compatibility option was added for exporting armatures, along with a number of other fixes related to transformations and armatures. There is also a new development team that will try to improve the Collada integration further in following releases.
      Will there be better support for exporting and importing Collada files in future releases? I really hope so, Blender's Collada support has been iffy at best. Improving this could mean better support for interchanging models between programs and other 3D modellers. I've always used Wavefront for importing/exporting models, but it's limited in what it can do.

Comment

Working...
      X