Image Quality Comparison: Radeon Gallium3D vs. Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    No, up to 3GB is included in the base monthly price.

I didn't understand the rest of your post. It seems to be based on putting unrelated statements together in the hope that people will think there is a connection.
    I actually laughed out loud. I now have food on my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      No, up to 3GB is included in the base monthly price.

I didn't understand the rest of your post. It seems to be based on putting unrelated statements together in the hope that people will think there is a connection.
      I still don't understand why we're supposed to care if you use a windows modem. Seeing as how you manage the OSS graphics team, I would expect you to be somewhat familiar with Linux and the OSS driver, but I don't care how you connect to the internet any more than i care what your cable provider is or if you enjoy fishing.

I probably shouldn't have posted this - it's just going to encourage Q to post another 50 gibberish posts attacking us. But I wanted to let you know that most people here appreciate the OSS drivers and the work you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        a statement can be ironic without sense! and the lag of sense can be an essential part of the irony! then its called '''ironic Satire'''
        "in satire, irony is militant" ^ Northrop Frye, literary critic, quoted in: Elliott, satire
        Thanks for pointing out the *OBVIOUS*. but, this is not what i was referring to when i said some of your statements aren't ironic, and CANT be ironic because they *don't MAKE any SENSE*. An ironic statement MUST actually contain an irony to be ironic. Furthermore, and equally important - you must be able to execute/communicate the ironic statement in a *legible* / understandable way. hence, you can't just add <ironic></ironic> ~ as that DOESN'T make what you said ironic.

Definition of LEGIBLE. 1. : *capable of being read or deciphered*

When i said things you've written don't even make sense, and thus aren't ironic - that means they are NOT legible, so they can't be ironic.
        And the lack of a sense was a part of the joke! (i never claimed my joke has any sense)
        This is just another shining example, of your lack of understanding.
        some more Wikipedia stuff about irony in satire:
        "Yet some satire is not "funny", nor is meant to be."
        "satire always has a serious "after-taste"
        this means you do not have any clue.
        No. it means nothing other than you can cut and paste from wikipedia, and draw random-schizo conclusions, where there aren't any to be drawn...you are hopeless. kind of like what JB said here about something you wrote;
        I didn't understand the rest of your post. It seems to be based on putting unrelated statements together in the hope that people will think there is a connection
        this is basically what most of your posts are like. (and i too laughed when i read that.)

the Xbox360-Xenos Graphic chip prove the Opensource/(closed source) Linux support from AMD is a LIE! &&
        IF a Opensource USER BUY 'AMD hardware for example XENOS-Graphic chip based hardware he is just FUCKED! (bla bla bla)
        ATI develops XENOS for *MICROSOFT* aka: one of the more proprietary companies on the planet, and MS is not OSS friendly. (we all know that)... AMD buys ATI a year or two later... AMD doesn't open-source the XENOS code, which isn't surprising really ~ being as XENOS was developed for XBOX360 ~ a Microsoft product. What do you think the chances are that Microsoft really wants that code open-source or people to be using Linux on XBOX360, instead of what Microsoft has developed for their own platform???

It would seem to me, it would be a waste of AMD's time to invest in that, especially considering, from what i understand almost all of it's features were used in r600, except for eDRAM..... the kind of arguments (delutions/ rationalizations) of yours about AMD not being OSS friendly because of that(xenos/xbox360) && JB not being OSS friendly because of a modem he uses to connect to the internet are absolutely retarded.

he only use opensource in the way MICROSOFT WANT IM TO USE OPENSOURCE!
        or just maybe JB is an *employee* of AMD (one of many!), and is NOT an MS employee and therefore -> *doesn't make the vast majority of decisions for either company. Q, give it up. You are just making yourself look even more stupid.

And the more you keep accusing everyone else of being fascist/nazi-whatever. the more it seems like fascism/nazism is actually your own politics/position and way of thinking.
        Last edited by ninez; 16 February 2012, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Image Quality Comparison: Radeon Gallium3D vs. Catalyst

Great post, although I would also note that adding word restriction to your comments might backfire. I understand wanting to cut down on spam, but it also adds another barrier for the commenter, and I think it's more beneficial to make commenting as easy as possible.
          Plumbing Manchester CT
          Hartford Plumbing
          plumber Greenwich
          Fairfield Plumbing
          Norwalk Plumbing

Comment

For the record, sarcasm is a form of irony:

Sure is nice that we have a visual comparison from the nVidia driver too! (the irony being that from reading that sentence you might expect there to be a comparison with the nvidia driver, but in reality there isn't--a discrepancy between reality and what you expect)

On that note, it does look to me like some part of the rendering is not aligned properly in the enemy screenshot, possibly in the one with the explosion too. I couldn't really see a difference in the first one.
            Last edited by Nobu; 16 February 2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              I still don't understand why we're supposed to care if you use a windows modem. Seeing as how you manage the OSS graphics team, I would expect you to be somewhat familiar with Linux and the OSS driver, but I don't care how you connect to the internet any more than i care what your cable provider is or if you enjoy fishing.

I probably shouldn't have posted this - it's just going to encourage Q to post another 50 gibberish posts attacking us. But I wanted to let you know that most people here appreciate the OSS drivers and the work you're doing.
              Ditto. Bridgman could be using OS X, Windows 7, BSD, Haiku, etc etc for all we care, it does not make a difference as long as he is doing a good job in ensuring development of the open radeon driver (which appears to be coming along nicely at any rate).

But seeing as how Bridgman is also an AMD employee, I'm curious to know if he has any say on the developent of the proprietary Catalyst driver for Linux?

And lastly, one question for Bridgman himself: you are fullly aware about the whole hoo-ha regarding switchable graphics solutions in notebooks (NVIDIA has their Optimus, and AMD has their PowerXpress). Will we be seeing any improvements for PowerXpress support in the proprietary driver stack, and will AMD be cooperating with the Bumblebee developers to support this, or will the support be built into the open Radeon driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
                For the record, sarcasm is a form of irony:
                Sure is nice that we have a visual comparison from the nVidia driver too! (the irony being that from reading that sentence you might expect there to be a comparison with the nvidia driver, but in reality there isn't--a discrepancy between reality and what you expect)
                Not exactly. Your statement above is actually sarcasm, as it is a form of wit. Irony *in itself*, is not a form of wit, humor, etc. It is situational... ( but yes, you ARE utilizing irony. )

Irony is more like a tool/facility that is used in Sarcasm.

"Sarcasm and Irony have a very close relationship with one another. Both tend to be used to make a poignant or entertaining statement. Often times, people say something is ironic when it is actually sarcastic and vice versa because the two concepts have become so intertwined, whereas, in actuality, *sarcasm is a concept that utilizes irony*. In many instances, sarcasm is a remark seasoned with irony. *You can think of irony as a vessel to express many things in a sarcastic way.* <..snip...> In addition, *sarcasm is always considered a form of wit*, whereas *irony can be found in any type of situation, be it funny or quite serious.* Irony takes on many forms (generally tragic and situational irony) that are very saddening and in no way considered mockery. In this sense Irony is a bit more varied and far-reaching in its scope than sarcasm."

I thought this was a reasonably concise explanation between the two..

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
                On that note, it does look to me like some part of the rendering is not aligned properly in the enemy screenshot, possibly in the one with the explosion too. I couldn't really see a difference in the first one.
                I am interested to see if;

Originally posted by MistaED View Post
                Hi,

Usually bloom is a post-process rendered to a full-screen quad but you'd need to see the game's source code to be sure (is this it? http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xono...ository_Access). It looks like the mapping could be wrong in the open driver or it could be a bug in the game's source. Usually the approach is you render off-screen to a texture that's bounded to a framebuffer object, then you assign it to a full-screen quad and blend it on top of the rendered screen before calling swap via GLX/EGL/whatever. Now the gallium driver might be getting confused with UV co-ordinates and isn't placing the texture in the right spot (it looks offset, perhaps it is expecting a signed value and the UVs 0.0f,0.0f could correspond to the middle (with a UV range of -0.5f,0.5f) while the catalyst driver has 0.5f,0.5f as the middle (with a UV range of 0.0f,1.0f), something like that as a guess, or it's a shader bug.

I can't view the source to be sure, is there a web portal to view it without downloading the whole thing?
                ...MistaED (or someone else) tracked down this code and took a look.

cheerz
                Last edited by ninez; 16 February 2012, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Facts doesn't matter for him he is only interested in blaming me with his Mental Fascism this means he think he is 100% right for ALL HUMANS and I'm only a sick-sub-human and he likes to wipe my voice out. He think I'm sick and he are the Doctor curing the world by cleaning it from sick sub-humans like me.
                  What a wildly DELUSIONAL point of view.

First off, maybe you can't actually grasp the differences between irony and sarcasm and how they actually apply to each other. But i've provided the relevant information, and it's NOT my problem that you are an ignorant FOOL.

2nd. Who said anything about you being sub-human?? i didn't. And to be clear - i don't think of any human as being 'sub-human', and that includes the severely handicapped, or people with genetic deseases, etc, etc.... But obviously this is the kind of thing that you DO think about, otherwise you wouldn't have said it in the first place. - You mind is in the gutter, pal.... I would characterize you as being an ignorant ASSHOLE, who posts retarded offensive shit, day and night. As far as I am concerned Q, if you want to dish it out - you better be able to take it, you whiny little bitch... You keep saying 'Mental fascism" - are you sure that you don't mean PSYCHOLOGICAL FASCISM? either way, it doesn't matter. the best you can do is call us 'mental-fascists' and make ridiculous <false> statements that have NO bearing on REALITY. Most of the time, they aren't coherent enough to be legible..

he is just a mental-Nazi/ Mental-Fascist /Mental-Racist

but even the REAL NAZIS are smarter than him because THEY KNOW THEY ARE BAD NAZIS!
                  just so we are clear, there is no such thing as "Mental-Racism".... Did you mean Psychological discrimination??? if so, you'd be DEAD WRONG!! ~ What i am doing ~ we can call 'Asshole Discrimination'.

..and again, you are the one who posts/threads about your political views all over Phoronix, and in your mind, anyone who disagrees is a mental-nazi or whatever other nonsense that you can come up with in that fucked up head of yours. Give it up, Q.
                  Last edited by ninez; 16 February 2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Regardless of whether or not mental health issues are an interesting topic of discussion, they're not relevant to this thread.

So, how 'bout those rendering differences, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by mangobrain View Post
                      Regardless of whether or not mental health issues are an interesting topic of discussion, they're not relevant to this thread.

So, how 'bout those rendering differences, eh?
                      If anybody is still reading this thread, would be great to repeat the test with nouveau/nVidia blobs/intel/intel driver on Windows/llvmpipe to compare the Enemy screenshots. I think it's difficult to establish which one is wrong between Catalyst and r300g/r600g without other data.

Comment

Working...
                      X