No announcement yet.

Demo Of The Lima Driver On The KDE Spark Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point was that the x86 16-bit mode is outdated with lots of useless features and completely unusable by modern OSs. The ARM Thumb mode actually does something useful and does not add much to the complexity of the chips since it's a subset of the 32-bit ISA, not completely different ISA. BTW, isn't Thumb 2 just an extension to Thumb? From my understanding it didn't break compatibility to old Thumb, just added new opcodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
      The ARM Thumb mode actually does something useful and does not add much to the complexity of the chips since it's a subset of the 32-bit ISA, not completely different ISA. BTW, isn't Thumb 2 just an extension to Thumb? From my understanding it didn't break compatibility to old Thumb, just added new opcodes.
      You are right, Thumb is a full 32-bit instruction set (with 16-bit instructions) and Thumb2 extends it.

From user mode point of view the latest architecture revisions didn't break compatibility. Obviously from a system point of view some things had to change, but that will only impact kernel and device drivers developers

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        no this is just wrong! 32? is the price for the consume with ALL included!!!!!

no 32? is the end price with ALL inclusive means memory chips+platine+PCB routing+soldering+quality assurance+profit

you talk just bullshit with "100?" a smart-phone costs maybe 25? more if you go from 1gb ram to 8gb ram.

but the world goes the other way around! they put an extra 400% profit rate on top for an high-tech bonus! but this have nothing do do with costs only with making more profit out of the same.

hey every time i go into a store and buy 8gb ram for 32? consumer price you are proved wrong. consumer price do not mean that this is the price for big companys.
        big companies maybe pay 0,80? per 1gb chip then 1? the production costs for complete 8gb ram and 1? for shipping and all the rest costs? this means 8,4? and the difference to 32 ? is only "Profit"

in fact if i can buy 8gb ram for 32? then this is never the COST for a big company!!! this is just a fact and this makes you stupid as HELL!

in fact i already can buy a mobile device for 300? with 16gb ram! this makes your claim 1000dollar completely wrong!

and no sorry being stupid are not an argument to be banned so its sad you will not banned LOL
        I was refering to end-user price, but so it seems your cleverness doesn't let you see such simple implicit message.
        Texas Instrument's OMAP doesn't use RAM manufacturated by TI, they buy it, and make it PoP.
        And btw, where do you buy those 8GB of LPDDR2 (mobile) PoP RAM? You are so clueless, i feel pitty for you.

Comment

And, according to DRAMeXchange.com, 8Gb of LPDDR2 (1GB) costs, on average, 17.4$$, untold frecuency, but the usual is 533Mhz. 8GB readily surpasses the 100$$ mark, and this is not the end-user price.

Comment

Working...
          X