Linux Distributions Described In Terms Of Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows is a wine cooler...

ever in questionable taste; OSX is a cosmo-tini -- super fruity but effective, and IOS a zima wrapped in bacon you stupid hipster.

Comment

Title should have been "Linux Distributions Described in Terms of German Beer".

That would actually be interesting if any true beer lover knew any of those local beers (for the most part). Maybe you should try to expand your scope (as in tasting beers from all around the globe) before getting too repetitive...

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
        Title should have been "Linux Distributions Described in Terms of German Beer".

That would actually be interesting if any true beer lover knew any of those local beers (for the most part). Maybe you should try to expand your scope (as in tasting beers from all around the globe) before getting too repetitive...
        According to my photos when checking this weekend (about three years ago I started photographing every unique beer I taste), I've tasted over 438 different beers from around the world... just under 100 of them were German/Bavarian beers.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          According to my photos when checking this weekend (about three years ago I started photographing every unique beer I taste), I've tasted over 438 different beers from around the world... just under 100 of them were German/Bavarian beers.
          That's great then. But...

Why always writing about the same few beers, quite local and specialized? Ok, we've understood they're your favorites, but it gets repetitive in the end. Worse, impressions like "but it's also a very tasty beer (especially compared to all of the non-Reinheitsgebot beers of Belgium)" seem insulting to true beer lovers.

Comment

Linux from Scratch:

is than like one of those beer home brewing sets I guess:

Comment

Starkbierfest sure sounds interesting... Gentoo user here, of course

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNielsen View Post
                The local brews tends to be fresh, cold and without much flavor, imported beers when available at all are very expensive and typically of the belgian cloister style brews which I am not so fond of.
                Belgian cloister beers are not really a/one style; there are lots of differences between Belgian cloister beers: colours from blond to almost black, tastes from sourish to sweet, from lightly to strongly hopped, alcohol from 3 to 13%, ...

Comment

Working...
                X