Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix on Desura

Hi,

Having started using Desura just last month after hearing it mentioned on Phoronix over and over again, I'm wondering why there's no Phoronix group (or user, Michael?) over there. It would be sweet to follow some fellow Phoronix readers' Linux game habits.

Originally posted by starchild View Post
    Hi,

Having started using Desura just last month after hearing it mentioned on Phoronix over and over again, I'm wondering why there's no Phoronix group (or user, Michael?) over there. It would be sweet to follow some fellow Phoronix readers' Linux game habits.
    As far as why I am not on it, is because I don't 'game'. I haven't been a 'gamer' for more than a half-decade due to lack of time and not many interesting titles as of late (the last games I probably ran for personal pleasure were ET:QW or America's Army 1.x). When I run games on Linux it's either for benchmarking, driver testing, or because I have pre-release access.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, ditto

I mostly like to see new games only because it pleases my tech geek to see what's becoming possible with new generations of hardware. I bet most of you know the feeling.

One game I did spend time with, though, was Postal 2, using cheat codes, because I suck at the gaming part -- but I do enjoy the humor. I registered on Desura because they got Postal 2 and I still haven't completed the Apocalypse Weekend expansion. I might just get a PlayStation to try out Postal 3

I do buy games like Oil Rush, but only to support the effort -- perhaps I'll get to play it in 5 years when Mesa meets the requirements and either radeon(4) or intel(4) has the needed driver or hardware performance.

Comment

in case of oilrush better buy it on the official website, then you get the games drm free for any os, also steam + desura codes.

Comment

I bought the pre-release, so from their web site

Comment

Working...
          X