Goodbye ATI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye ATI

I finally switched to NVidia (I ordered a GTX 560 Ti). I've been using ATI cards since almost 10 years (a Radeon 7500 was the first.) But, lacking good Linux support for 10 years is too much. But you know what? In 10 more years from now, when maybe the drivers will be good at last, I'll switch back. But for now, you lost a very loyal customer who actually tried very hard to like your products much more than the ones from your competitor.

So no more pro-ATI trolling from me. From now on I'm an pro-NVidia guy. Er, no wait... Strike that last part ;-)

I'm not a ATI pro troll either, because this corporation doesn't exist anymore

Comment

Hey, I grew up calling them "ATI", I'm not gonna change that. It has sentimental value :-P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        From now on I'm an pro-NVidia guy. Er, no wait... Strike that last part ;-)
        A pro-nvidia girl?

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          A pro-nvidia girl?
          Pwnt :-P

Comment

Are you expecting a parting gift? Why was this thread necessary?

Comment

breaking news...
              my shopping trolley will now be full of? does it matter? what is the point of this thread? wouldn't it be more useful to file bugs than to write public farewells to manufacturers of ...things? Does anyone care why some megalomaniac has had an epic emotional breakdown with a manufacturer of things...?

Comment

I test ati cards with latest drivers every month, just to know which is broken that was not broken before I have got a script to remove the drivers as well. As my test box is usually open i can switch gfx cards within a few seconds. The last new errors have been hd series 5 only, so you did not even notice em with your old card. So basically you could still test fglrx drivers each month if you wanted

Comment

opengl 3 support is not that critical. not even for unigine games. but it is slow as hell compared to fglrx.

Comment

Hey Q, why not run a oprofile, play a run in oilrush, and post the output? You too can help spot-the-bottleneck

Comment

Working...
                    X