Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What The New Linux Game Publishing Will Look Like

Quote Originally Posted by gbudny View Post
    If LGP remove DRM from Shadowgrounds and Survivor, LGP buyers lose these options:

"Allow people to see your license is valid - for if you sell your game.

Check to see if you are buying a game with a valid license.

Transfer your license to someone else.

Download a replacement disc image for your licensed game.

If you lost your key, retrieve it here.

If you forgot your password, retrieve it here."

http://keyserver.linuxgamepublishing.com/?

They still rental Shadowgrounds and Survivor and they are able to verify an owner.
    LOL!!! what a bullshit! you don't need this shit if your game do not have DRM!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    LOL!!! what a bullshit! you don't need this shit if your game do not have DRM!
    Seriously? I have Balistics (without DRM) and I don 't have registered password and cd key.

How I can download a replacement disc image for Balistics (without DRM = without registered password and cd key)?:

http://keyserver.linuxgamepublishing...oad_image.php?

How I can transfer my license on Balistics to someone else (without DRM = without registered password and cd key)?

http://keyserver.linuxgamepublishing..._transfer.php?

How I can allow people to see my game key for Balistics can be verified online by other people (without DRM = without registered password and cd key)?

http://keyserver.linuxgamepublishing...low_check.php?

How I can check to see if I 'm buying a other games with a valid license (without DRM = without registered password and cd key)?

How LGP can rent games without DRM (without registered password and cd key)?
    Last edited by gbudny; 02-10-2012 at 09:34 AM.

What options?
    I do not know, maybe like all of those Indie games I have been playing? Such as Shadowgrounds and Survivor, which I purchased legally alongside Trine with no DRM?

Or Postal 2 which I can buy, with its expansion, for under ten dollars on Desura? Or anything else on Desura for that matter? I am loving Dungeons of Dredmor at the moment, another great game you can get for significantly under ten bucks.

Now, I am not one to usually bring up the price problem when it comes to LGP, but when there are better offers (containing no DRM and having significant updates) elsewhere that are still native and grow Linux gaming, how could you possibly not put your support behind them instead?

LGP can not bury their heads in the sand either. They are going to have to make themselves competitive again.

If LGP remove DRM from Shadowgrounds and Survivor, LGP buyers lose these options:

"Allow people to see your license is valid - for if you sell your game.

Check to see if you are buying a game with a valid license.

Transfer your license to someone else.

Download a replacement disc image for your licensed game.
    All of which can be handled, or is made redundant, with a decent digital distribution platform. Which does not need DRM.

They still rental Shadowgrounds and Survivor and they are able to verify an owner.
    I am sorry, the only reason why anyone would consider buying a rental copy of anything from LGP is that their regular prices are so high. If any other company in their position offered such a service, they would be laughed out of the room.

Most people are just content with a demo to see if something is worth buying, sometimes even less than that. Since LGP already offers those, the rental option is actually of very little use.