Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Humble Indie Bundle Launches For Linux, Android

Phoronix: New Humble Indie Bundle Launches For Linux, Android

Besides the Linux Game Publishing shake-up, there's more Linux gaming news to report today: there's a new Humble Indie Bundle. Besides being the usual spiel of being a collection of DRM-free cross-platform games, Android mobile support was added to all of the available games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Woohoo! Osmos isn't working on my ZTE Blade though. Haven't tried the others yet.

EDIT: Alas, it's not supported on my phone. Oh well!
    Last edited by Chewi; 31 January 2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Crap, EDGE Extended isn't working either. The market says this one is supposed to be compatible though.

Comment

File a bug report about EDGE Extended.

Sadly World of Goo is officially not compatible. I should have expected this. It's not a high spec phone.

But the good news is Anomaly works! I wasn't interested in this one to begin with but I'm glad one of them works. It seems cool.

Comment

Just bought!
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

As World of Goo was in an older bundle already and my Ideos X3 does not support the game anyway i got the bundle for the minimum amount possible. Below 1$ you dont get a steam key btw. I only wanted to try the Android games, Osmos + Edge demos ran on my phone, but not the apks you get with the bundle. Osmos immediately crashed and Edge was only green. At least that test did only cost 1 cent

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              I only wanted to try the Android games, Osmos + Edge demos ran on my phone, but not the apks you get with the bundle. Osmos immediately crashed and Edge was only green. At least that test did only cost 1 cent
              I got the green screen too. Interesting that the demos work for you. I haven't tried those.

Comment

Anomaly

Anomaly is on the Android Market right now and has a download size of 1.73MB. The Humble Bundle provided apk is 153.4MB. There's 2 orders of magnitude difference there... an anomaly indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
                  Anomaly is on the Android Market right now and has a download size of 1.73MB. The Humble Bundle provided apk is 153.4MB. There's 2 orders of magnitude difference there... an anomaly indeed.
                  Quite often the size on Android Market is only a base installer. The rest of the game is downloaded on the first run.

Comment

I get the green screen with edge too (HTC Sensation with Android 4.0.3).
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X