Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Game Publishing Shake-Up: CEO Steps Down

Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Shake-Up: CEO Steps Down

There's some news today out of Linux Game Publishing, but it's not about a new game being ported to Linux. Rather, it's an apology from Michael Simms, the CEO of LGP, and to announce his resignation. Linux Game Publishing though isn't going away but a new CEO has been announced...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

First, it's sad to see someone that contributed so much for the Linux gaming world go away after being burnt out.
    I wish him all the best.
    Hopefully, his successor will succeed in filling his large shoes.

... Now, do I hear X-rebirth port? (I'll settle for X3TC and X3AP instead...)

- Gilboa
    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Sad news from someone who done so much for linux gaming, I do hope he recovers fully and maybe we see him back.

and yes his successor has a big challange ahead of him Best of luck to him !

Comment

Must have been a tough decision.

Comment

Well, credit where credit is due, this was actually a great write-up Michael.

And of course best of luck to everyone at LGP.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            "Disciples 2: Darp Prophecy"
            Should that have been "Derp Prophecy"?

Comment

Great news:

"Due to the current events surrounding Linux Game Publishing I have decided to temporarily offer their games massively cheaper (while at camp). For 14 days every LGP games, which I have in stock are 66% cheaper .

First, I want to celebrate it with LGP are finally signs of life. Secondly, I expect and hope that prices will fall and lose my goods anyway so its value is.

Get information in advance as Holarse users to contact me gets a little like getting a better deal. It is a losing proposition anyway. "

Holarse zeigt wie man unter Linux spielt, Linuxspiele zum Laufen bekommt, was das neuste zum Thema Spielen unter Linux ist und bietet eine Community für alles was Linuxspieler haben wollen. Ihr findet bei uns Mumble, Dedicated Server mit den neusten Spielen und vieles mehr.

Comment

I found informations about Clive Crous:

"I am a senior systems analyst and developer with 17 years professional development experience, including ICL mainframe, SCO Unixware, FreeBSD, several Linux distributions and all versions of Microsoft Windows. I currently analyse and lead projects from conception through to final release and deployment. I have experience with 3GL and 4GL application development, as well as database design. I have designed and developed programmers' in-house toolsets and worked in large teams as well as independently. I'm also actively involved in Open Source development and a lot of my free time goes into leading or contributing to several on-line projects.

Specialties
                FreeBSD, Linux (debian, ubuntu, redhat, mandrake, gentoo, suse), AIX, SCO Unixware 7.0
                Ruby, C/C++, Python, Assembler (x86)
                PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
                Git, Subversion, CVS, Darcs, svk
                Sinatra, Ramaze, Ruby on Rails, PHP, JavaScript, Ajax, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSL
                bash, zsh and sh shell scripting
                Porting (Windows to Unix and Unix to Windows), Cross platform compatibility (Windows, Unix and Mac)

Clive Crous's Experience

Senior Developer
                Go2Africa
                Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Leisure, Travel & Tourism industry
                October 2011 ? Present (4 months) Cape Town

Senior Developer
                Linux Game Publishing
                July 2006 ? Present (5 years 7 months) From home

I am involved with porting several top selling commercial games from the Microsoft Windows platform to Linux. Linux Game Publishing is based in London and has a group of international programmers collaborating on various projects.
                Senior Developer
                Star120
                Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Computer Software industry
                May 2008 ? October 2011 (3 years 6 months) From home

Software design and development for financial and mobile systems. These systems provide internal APIs for in house software as well as external APIs and interfaces to clients' financial systems and mobile and airtime services. I've also developed software for sales and swipe-card terminals which interact with our APIs. Star120 has no other developers employed so everything developed by the company was developed by myself and all system and databases in place are monitored and controlled by me as well.
                Developer
                Rightshift
                July 2007 ? April 2008 (10 months) Cape Town, South Africa

First person shooter games modified so that people could play online against each other for money. I worked on modifying several games to include visuals as well as
                the backend integration. We also developed several Facebook applications and games where people could play games in Facebook and win actual prizes.
                Clive Crous's Skills

PostgreSQL Ruby Subversion MySQL AJAX Python Ubuntu FreeBSD Git Bash XHTML JavaScript Debian CSS Memcached Gentoo CVS C++ Sinatra Apache
                View All (40) Skills
                Clive Crous's Additional Information

Websites:
                Personal Website
                Contact Clive for:

career opportunitiesconsulting offersnew venturesjob inquiriesexpertise requestsbusiness dealsreference requestsgetting back in touch"

Comment

I'm actually thrilled that Michael Simms steps down
                  The man who took your money but never delivered any games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                    I'm actually thrilled that Michael Simms steps down
                    The man who took your money but never delivered any games.
                    1. All the games I bought from them arrived on time and worked out of the box.
                    2. Care to elaborate?

- Gilboa
                    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                    X