Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux Game Publishing Shake-Up: CEO Steps Down

Default Linux Game Publishing Shake-Up: CEO Steps Down

Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Shake-Up: CEO Steps Down

There's some news today out of Linux Game Publishing, but it's not about a new game being ported to Linux. Rather, it's an apology from Michael Simms, the CEO of LGP, and to announce his resignation. Linux Game Publishing though isn't going away but a new CEO has been announced...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA1MTE

First, it's sad to see someone that contributed so much for the Linux gaming world go away after being burnt out.
    I wish him all the best.
    Hopefully, his successor will succeed in filling his large shoes.

... Now, do I hear X-rebirth port? (I'll settle for X3TC and X3AP instead...)

- Gilboa
    DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB, GTX780, F20/x86_64, Dell U2711.
    SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F20/x86_64, Dell U2412..
    BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F20/x86-64.
    LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F20/x86_64.

Sad news from someone who done so much for linux gaming, I do hope he recovers fully and maybe we see him back.

and yes his successor has a big challange ahead of him Best of luck to him !

Must have been a tough decision.

Well, credit where credit is due, this was actually a great write-up Michael.

And of course best of luck to everyone at LGP.

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    "Disciples 2: Darp Prophecy"
    Should that have been "Derp Prophecy"?

Great news:

"Due to the current events surrounding Linux Game Publishing I have decided to temporarily offer their games massively cheaper (while at camp). For 14 days every LGP games, which I have in stock are 66% cheaper .

First, I want to celebrate it with LGP are finally signs of life. Secondly, I expect and hope that prices will fall and lose my goods anyway so its value is.

Get information in advance as Holarse users to contact me gets a little like getting a better deal. It is a losing proposition anyway. "

http://www.holarse-linuxgaming.de/ne...g%C3%BCnstiger

https://www.fun4tux.ch/

I found informations about Clive Crous:

"I am a senior systems analyst and developer with 17 years professional development experience, including ICL mainframe, SCO Unixware, FreeBSD, several Linux distributions and all versions of Microsoft Windows. I currently analyse and lead projects from conception through to final release and deployment. I have experience with 3GL and 4GL application development, as well as database design. I have designed and developed programmers' in-house toolsets and worked in large teams as well as independently. I'm also actively involved in Open Source development and a lot of my free time goes into leading or contributing to several on-line projects.

Specialties
    FreeBSD, Linux (debian, ubuntu, redhat, mandrake, gentoo, suse), AIX, SCO Unixware 7.0
    Ruby, C/C++, Python, Assembler (x86)
    PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
    Git, Subversion, CVS, Darcs, svk
    Sinatra, Ramaze, Ruby on Rails, PHP, JavaScript, Ajax, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSL
    bash, zsh and sh shell scripting
    Porting (Windows to Unix and Unix to Windows), Cross platform compatibility (Windows, Unix and Mac)

Clive Crous's Experience

Senior Developer
    Go2Africa
    Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Leisure, Travel & Tourism industry
    October 2011 Present (4 months) Cape Town

Senior Developer
    Linux Game Publishing
    July 2006 Present (5 years 7 months) From home

I am involved with porting several top selling commercial games from the Microsoft Windows platform to Linux. Linux Game Publishing is based in London and has a group of international programmers collaborating on various projects.
    Senior Developer
    Star120
    Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Computer Software industry
    May 2008 October 2011 (3 years 6 months) From home

Software design and development for financial and mobile systems. These systems provide internal APIs for in house software as well as external APIs and interfaces to clients' financial systems and mobile and airtime services. I've also developed software for sales and swipe-card terminals which interact with our APIs. Star120 has no other developers employed so everything developed by the company was developed by myself and all system and databases in place are monitored and controlled by me as well.
    Developer
    Rightshift
    July 2007 April 2008 (10 months) Cape Town, South Africa

First person shooter games modified so that people could play online against each other for money. I worked on modifying several games to include visuals as well as
    the backend integration. We also developed several Facebook applications and games where people could play games in Facebook and win actual prizes.
    Clive Crous's Skills

PostgreSQL Ruby Subversion MySQL AJAX Python Ubuntu FreeBSD Git Bash XHTML JavaScript Debian CSS Memcached Gentoo CVS C++ Sinatra Apache
    View All (40) Skills
    Clive Crous's Additional Information

Websites:
    Personal Website
    Contact Clive for:

career opportunitiesconsulting offersnew venturesjob inquiriesexpertise requestsbusiness dealsreference requestsgetting back in touch"

http://za.linkedin.com/pub/clive-crous/3b/248/883

I'm actually thrilled that Michael Simms steps down
    The man who took your money but never delivered any games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    I'm actually thrilled that Michael Simms steps down
    The man who took your money but never delivered any games.
    1. All the games I bought from them arrived on time and worked out of the box.
    2. Care to elaborate?

- Gilboa
    DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB, GTX780, F20/x86_64, Dell U2711.
    SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F20/x86_64, Dell U2412..
    BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F20/x86-64.
    LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F20/x86_64.