Question regarding card frequencies with radeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding card frequencies with radeon

I got a question/observation to make. The driver for some reason does not detect my card?s correct frequencies. I got a HD4850 with a modified BIOS (using RBE). It is supposed to run at 700/1100 with 1.1120 volts. The frequencies and voltage are detected correctly under Windows and with fglrx. The radeon driver, however, runs the card at 625/993 (the card?s default clocks) with 1.1120 volts. My question is why. Where is the driver getting those clocks from? Obviously it?s reading the modified voltage right, but not the clocks. Even if I force the "high" profile, the card runs at 625/993.

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    I got a question/observation to make. The driver for some reason does not detect my card?s correct frequencies. I got a HD4850 with a modified BIOS (using RBE). It is supposed to run at 700/1100 with 1.1120 volts. The frequencies and voltage are detected correctly under Windows and with fglrx. The radeon driver, however, runs the card at 625/993 (the card?s default clocks) with 1.1120 volts. My question is why. Where is the driver getting those clocks from? Obviously it?s reading the modified voltage right, but not the clocks. Even if I force the "high" profile, the card runs at 625/993.
    The driver does not currently allow clocks higher than the defaults. Note that editing your vbios power tables is completely unsupported and could damage your card.

Comment

Well that sucks. Guess I can?t get my overclocking fix then. Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Where is the default freq read from, if not the bios? Wouldn't it be possible to edit the default freq as well?

Comment

It all comes from the vbios. Note that editing your vbios is completely unsupported and could damage your card.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Where is the default freq read from, if not the bios? Wouldn't it be possible to edit the default freq as well?

That?s what I was thinking. I guess RBE just isn?t exposing all the clock info from the BIOS. At least the fan speed changes seem to stick.

Comment

Working...
            X