Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overclocked cpu not showing the correct frequency on linux

Hi,

I have a ASRock NetTop ION 330 which I have overclocked to 2.00 Ghz by using the BIOS OC Tweaker utility but after rebooting the pc, fedora (f16) keeps reporting 1800 Mhz on /proc/cpuinfo.

What do I need to do to have fedora to recognize the new cpu clock frequency?

Thanks in advance

There's nothing you can do. The Linux kernel is unable to report the correct frequency. You have to live with the problem.

Comment

Thanks Real,

But how can I then check the I'm actually running at the new frequency? if I reinstall reinstall the OS with the new BIOS clock frequency, am I going to have the OS reporting the new one?

Comment

Originally posted by mrgrieves View Post
        Thanks Real,

But how can I then check the I'm actually running at the new frequency? if I reinstall reinstall the OS with the new BIOS clock frequency, am I going to have the OS reporting the new one?
        No, reinstalling will not do anything. I don't know how to validate OC settings in Linux. The only way I can do it here is to boot Windows and run CPU-Z.

Comment

Take a look at the bogomips.

Code:
          $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
          cpu MHz		: 2500.000
          bogomips	: 5600.61
          This example is a dual-core processor overlocked to 2.8GHz (2x2800=5600 bogomips)

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
            Take a look at the bogomips.

Code:
            $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
            cpu MHz		: 2500.000
            bogomips	: 5600.61
            This example is a dual-core processor overlocked to 2.8GHz (2x2800=5600 bogomips)
            That is not how bogomips work. They're per-CPU and don't have any special relation to frequency. I get four different bogimips values here on a quad core.

Comment

Working...
            X