Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R600 Gallium3D Can Now Do OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.30

Phoronix: R600 Gallium3D Can Now Do OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.30

Marek Ol??k has made another exciting commit to the Mesa mainline Git repository this weekend... What he's accomplished now is making it possible to successfully advertise OpenGL 3.0 / GLSL 1.30 support within the R600 Gallium3D driver for the Radeon HD 2000 series and later...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you Marek (and thank you Michael)! I'm waiting for an update of oibaf's drivers to test OpenGL 3.0 features with my AMD 6570

Comment

Is this actually adding full gl3 functionality, or merely advertising gl3 for debugging/testing purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        just awesome

but why is this not in mesa 8.0 ? ? ? this irritate me a little bit.
        Talk on IRC suggested that it might get included in 8.0 or possibly released as 8.0.1.

Comment

WAHOO!!! MERCI Devs!!

(glxinfo output)
          Code:
          OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
          OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER
          OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 8.0-devel (git-672ad90)
          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

Comment

we've had debugging enables for ages, look at the recent r600 commit history, where we've been finishing off all the underneath GL3.0 stuff

The big items left are:

EXT_transform_feedback needs upstream kernel patch, and it currently locks up on all R700 class hardware.

cayman needs some more work to finish off a few integer opcodes (divide/mod).

Its got 7620/7846 on piglit on my rv635 right now, a few of the remaining issues should be solved by Jerome's tiling work.

Comment

There are some OpenGL 3.0 demos at http://es.g0dsoft.com/?page_id=236

Comment

"The R600g driver now joins Intel Sandy Bridge, Gallium3D Softpipe, and Nouveau NVC0-Fermi ..."

Does this mean, with all the support from AMD, nouveau got there first?

Comment

Wow! Congratulations and THANK YOU to everyone who made it possible!

Better powersaving management and my 4200+6650 will be shine with opensource drivers.

Comment

Can we please document all these various environment variables somewhere? As a driver tester I hate having to dig through the source to find these, and it's not every time that Michael documents which env vars he uses when he posts articles (sometimes he just says "a flag" and doesn't mention which one), and of course they aren't in any of the documentation.

A better way would be to ship a /etc/mesa-debug.conf config file in /etc with a simple var=value format, but only ship and read from that file if mesa is compiled in debug mode (i.e. with debug symbols etc). Might need an option like --enable-debug-conf in configure. Then, ship a default mesa-debug.conf that briefly documents all possible settings but leave them commented out, so the user can easily uncomment and change them as desired.

This method would also remove the need for the user to hack environment variables into the pipeline before starting X, because it seems that you might get strange behavior if some of your mesa-using programs are running with the flags, and some without. Especially e.g. tiling...

Comment

Working...
                    X