Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine & Mesa Move Closer To Playing Along

Phoronix: Unigine & Mesa Move Closer To Playing Along

While Mesa/Gallium3D is still a ways off from fully supporting the Unigine Engine's advanced OpenGL 3/4 renderer with decent frame-rates, there is work both by Mesa and the Unigine Corp developers to better this open-source graphics support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Works fine here

I'm using the 290.10 Nvidia drivers and Oil Rush works great even on my not-exactly-new 8800GT. This is an excellent game that is well worth the $20 price and it's really great to see high-quality games being brought to Linux!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
      I'm using the 290.10 Nvidia drivers and Oil Rush works great even on my not-exactly-new 8800GT. This is an excellent game that is well worth the $20 price and it's really great to see high-quality games being brought to Linux!
      Exactly, hopefully Unigine will create an FPS (first person shooter) too.

Comment

Isn't this really the right way to address issues in games/engines instead of doing specific binary work-arounds in the drivers? File a bug with the company and supply very good information, as well as invite to a discussion between Mesa and the developers. I've been working at a game company, and know that deadlines are extremely tight, and they don't care about Mesa in most cases, but for the Linux-interested companies I would think that they would care more. Like Unigine for instance. I'm really glad to see that they did a quick patch release to improve their Mesa support!

Comment

Working...
        X