Announcing The Lima Open-Source GPU Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Can you tell me a widely used device using that gpu? I never heard of it before...
    Samsung Galaxy S2, only the best sold high end android smartphone of 2011

Other than that, check out our initial wiki pages at http://limadriver.branchable.com/, still waiting to for limadriver.org to resolve to that.

Comment

Not bad, well i only own a simple Ideos X3.

Comment

Not bad, well i only own a simple Ideos X3.
        You can get really crappy telechips 7" tablets with resistive touchscreen for about 80EUR. For a useful tablet, with a 7" capacitive display (which plays a neat angry birds), with a reasonably fast amlogic or allwinner SoC, you pay about 150EUR. This is the hardware i am currently working with myself.

Comment

Its a phone for about 100 € no tablet. I would need a tablet with keyboard anyway, i chat too much

Comment

Can you tell me a widely used device using that gpu? I never heard of it before...
            Samsung Galaxy Note has Mali 400. Its a new 5.3 inch phone/tablet hybrid and its getting very popular. It has 1280x800 samoled display and 1.4GHz dualcore Exynox CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post
              Samsung Galaxy S2, only the best sold high end android smartphone of 2011
              Yep, I was going to point that out. Performance is pretty good for a phone (last couple charts on http://www.anandtech.com/show/5133/g...al-performance), but doesn't match Apple.
              Last edited by smitty3268; 30 January 2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

libv: what does lima consist of? just userspace or is there a kernel component as well?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  lima is also an anagram of mali, i'm not sure if the devs or anyone else noticed that.
                  Originally posted by phoronix
                  Though like Mali, Lima is another geographical term while being a mixture of Mali's characters.
                  If I had to guess... I'd say yes. Somebody else noticed it...

Comment

Working...
                  X