X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 12-1 released

The new driver is available at

Now we finally got the AMD tag in the driver

Guys, GNOME Shell is working like a charm. Fainly.

Comment

That driver is pure crap for hd 5670. Same rendering problems like 11-12. Simple way to verify: gl2benchmark test 1. The same bug affects xbmc-xvba. Only when o/i infos are displayed you get a correct picture, otherwise not.

@bridgman

Linux users REALY need an update, not only Win users! Replace that driver or provide 12-1a/b/c or so.

Comment

--buildpkg Ubuntu/oneiric does not properly build the package for me and am not bothered to finding out why right now. Anyone?

Comment

In case you use my script it has got an -u option to use updated packageing from phorogit.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            --buildpkg Ubuntu/oneiric does not properly build the package for me
            No issues here, building went fine on Ubuntu 11.10 (x86), I wasn't presented with any errors and installation went OK. It could be that they have fixed the issue and provided an updated download so you could try downloading it again.

Comment

I'm wondering why it is so hard to make a pure 64bit driver.
              This not only still depends on 32bit libs, but now it even needs libstdc++6:i386 to build on x86_64

Comment

Originally posted by yaji View Post
                Guys, GNOME Shell is working like a charm. Fainly.
                For me it's working not so well. With Fedora 16 (latest updates) and this driver, I got many gnome-shell restarts at the moment. I'm watching this, because I got more restarts of gnome-shell even on my notebook with the open-source driver since yesterday.

Comment

Core i7 mux-less radeon 6470M

I haven't yet tried 12.1
                  Does anyone know if this now works with muxless Intel/AMD combination?

Comment

This is definitely one of the best releases in a while. But I still have an issue with gnome-shell, where moving windows across the desktop feels laggish. There is no lagging in dash animations (such as switching workspaces) or anywhere else, only with moving windows across the screen. I get the same behavior in compiz if I enable the "Sync to VBlank" in CompizConfig (OpenGl plugin).

Apart from that and some random gnome-shell crashes, everything works (including multiple monitor support, yay)!

Comment

Working...
                    X