NVIDIA Talks Of Optimus Possibilities For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    its a bug because shit isn't "good" if your child comes to you with shit in his hands you say a well its 'Good' to bring me shit?
    its a illogical "bug" it says the opposite of what it should mean.

but yes its my problem i have to deal with it because ALL other humans use it in this illogical way.

and again your words make no sense to me because: if i buy a very expensive workstation fireGL board i get the same "Shit(only hd7970 series)" Open-Source driver.
    this means your words chance NOTHING! i need to buy maybe workstation 1000-5000 cards in a special deal to get any difference in the open-source driver.

in my feeling AMD just make fun of Linux users. because FireGL cards make no sense to open-source users at all. this really suck!

Why not sell opensource-cards in the same price range of the fireGL cards without support for the catalyst fireGL extensions and then spend the money on the opensource driver instead of the fireGL catalyst team ?

yes yes i know we already get your answer.... LOL AMD just make fun of Linux users.

you don't get it the board manufacturer isn't the customer!
    and the Retail market isn't the OEM market!
    A Retail customer like me pay MORE MONEY for the SAME product compared to an "OEM customer"
    Retail market is: extra stuff in the box extra support extra guarantee and extra service and most of the time a higher skilled customer.

I'm a AMD "Retail" customer for 15 years! i always buy my retail AMD CPU boxes and ATI Retail boxes and so one.

i even buy AMD if Intel is "better" but in fact what do i get fore it? a "Bridgman" calling me not a "AMD" customer because i'm not "big OEM" LOL...

really shame on you!

and KANO is right if you buy a "Radeon HD 6550D" there isn't any OEM company between the REAL customer and AMD.

in fact the large board manufacturer isn't the customer of AMD chips because for the board manufacturer its only a "through ongoing post"

if i and no one buys a amd chipset based card from the board manufacturer then the board manufacturer don't buy AMD chips!

because of this fact WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS ! and not the "board manufacturer "

and again the opensource driver is a big fail on a "Radeon HD 6550D" and no OEM is between this card and the customers!

the open-source driver is only OK for Retail-Desktop cards like my hd4770 because power management doesn't matter and performance is 60-70% of the catalyst.

then the "Fusion-APU" is a big fail with open-source drivers you only get 10% of the speed of the catalyst and power-management care for the most fusion-APU systems!

if you watch the performance of INTELs opensource driver no one would buy a "Radeon HD 6550D" system to use the opensource driver because you get much more speed with the opensource driver on the intel side.

for me its impossible to buy a AMD-APU system to use it for the "radeon" driver because AMD just make fun of (opensource)Linux users.
    It's also slowly getting impossible on the nvidia end, thanks to Optimess, skrew your Bumblebee the average user ain't gonna fuss with that so nvidia Optimess marks the end of Multimedia workstation in fact the title of this Thread is a big FAIL "NVIDIA Talks Of Optimus Possibilities For Linux" it's all LIES from nvidia/intel/Microsoft... including AMD -they all DO NOT want to OpenSource anything, because they are all coporate.... capitalism and opensource will never walk hand in hand.

Comment

Since neither nvidia nor amd care as much about linux as we would like to lets get matter in our own hands. Lets ask current developers what needs to be done and assign bounties to each tasks (like summer of code by google). We should use kickstarter or something like that to raise funds. Money is like universal language Lets face it - it will never happen otherwise or it will happen in such slow pace that linux will always be behind.

Comment

Originally posted by tehehe View Post
        Since neither nvidia nor amd care as much about linux as we would like to lets get matter in our own hands. Lets ask current developers what needs to be done and assign bounties to each tasks (like summer of code by google). We should use kickstarter or something like that to raise funds. Money is like universal language Lets face it - it will never happen otherwise or it will happen in such slow pace that linux will always be behind.
        +1

Please +1 if you support the idea. Lets get some stats.

Comment

Nutvidia

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
          You are free to express your dissatisfaction with how optimus is handled but could you stop being a nutjob about it?

They only sell nvidia stuff? Is for example the radeon hd 7970M not high end enaugh?

Buy a notebook with a radeon 7970 and you have powerful graphics and even if it has powerXpress you have a good chance it'll work on linux.

Unfortunately it's pretty hard to actually find notebooks with the hd 7970m. Why seem Schenker, Eurocom and Alienware to be the only ones that have it at all?
          nvidia Optimus, and AMD's version of it is just wrong, unfair, and it's crap,..., the point is they (meaning Intel, Nvidia, AMD, and Microsoft) are simply TELLING you "NO", to Linux as a viable Laptop/Workstation alternative.

...There is nothing "nutjob" about that - except maybe for YOU, and that's sad.
          Last edited by scjet; 02 June 2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X