Unigine OilRush Officially Ships Today For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    i tested 1.02 now it works fine with the radeon r600g driver but only 13fps. on my hd4770

any suggestions for a new card? they should work faster on the hd7950 opensource driver
    Well, judging by this article: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...cie_gen2&num=2

the 4890 or 6900 series would probably give you a decent sized boost. Although maybe still not enough to be playable.

In the short term, your best bet is probably using the binary drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by guepe View Post
      My best suggestion is to use the binary blob. At least test, you will be surprised how it flies compared to open source one.
      Not an option for a lot of people. The binary driver is garbage everywhere except 3D and PM, so it's better to have poor game performance than unstable and poor overall system performance.

Comment

i already use the PCIe2.0 option.
        and i don't believe in any VLIW card to improve the shader compiler problem.

to the best option is pushing Bridgman to work faster on hd7950 support hahaha LOL..
        I wasn't speaking of using that option. Just look at the charts to see that you could get a 50-100% speed boost by choosing a faster card. Whether that would translate to the Unigine engine or be fast enough, i don't know.

Comment

Oil Rush is a really good game, worth its price for me.
          Games like this having decent graphics and perfect finishing are sadly so rare on Linux...

However, even if the gameplay is interesting and unique, it's not that addicting. The story mode is too short for now, I hope it will get completed in further updates.
          But overall, I don't regret having bought and played it.

Thank you Unigine team for making a so great quality engine and game for Linux !

(PS: Runs fine here on Arch x64, NVIDIA GTX 550 with 80 FPS all settings maxed (binary blob ofc.))
          Last edited by Scias; 02 February 2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

What's with the commercials when starting the game? For the price they ask for it I was expecting an ad-free game!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
              What's with the commercials when starting the game? For the price they ask for it I was expecting an ad-free game!!!
              Even big commercial blockbusters have these NVIDIA/ATI ads in their intros. Anyways there's always the Escape button .

Comment

hey thank you now i get it.. but with the PCIE option there are no 50-100$ speed up.

nexuiz 36fps vs 49fps its only 26,5%

13fps+26,5%= 14,26fps LOL!

no sorry a hd6870 will not fix my problem. ,
                Not to belabor the point, but 49/36 = 36%, which means 13fps => 18fps.

I know someone else has reported 17-23fps on the open drivers, but i don't recall what hardware they had.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                  Not to belabor the point, but 49/36 = 36%, which means 13fps => 18fps.

I know someone else has reported 17-23fps on the open drivers, but i don't recall what hardware they had.
                  That's me. I have an HIS branded HD5770, which I believe has stock memory and core clocks. I'm running a fairly stock Oneiric install with Oibaf's PPA, no special tweaks. I am using Gnome Shell, so the compositor might be a factor.

Comment

2D tiling could be a big win i'd think

Anyone adventurous enough to try rebuilding the entire graphics stack? Jerome Glisse says it's done with no piglit regressions: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/018658.html

Then again, maybe a title like this is more shader limited. That's the kind of article I'd like to see from Michael, but I'm guessing he won't even test OilRush on the mesa drivers because he'd have to enable the patented code.

Comment

A beta build 1.08 is out that includes the global lobby for games.

Comment

Working...
                      X