Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon HD 7970 -- driver?

Hi everybody!

Is there a chance one could get a beta driver for Radeon HD 7970? OpenCL is not correctly working with Catalyst 11.12 and I get the "Unsupported hardware" watermark.

Thanks a lot,
    Olaf

No. Tough luck. Wait until they release another fail prop. driver this month...

Comment

How did you get it to run? When i install the driver i get a blank screen right after grub on the next reboot
      i knew i shouldn't have bought an ati card! It's lways the same... great hardware, shitty drivers.

Comment

How? As always... use the script provided by kantonix:

Code:
        # wget -Nc -O/usr/local/bin/install-fglrx-debian.sh http://kanotix.com/files/install-fglrx-debian.sh
        # chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/install-fglrx-debian.sh
        # install-fglrx-debian.sh
        as found here.

The ati driver works great for my older ati cards, no complaints here. Yet, I'd have assumed, that the driver is ready once the card got released. (AFAIR there was a same-day-driver promise, wasn't it?)

Bye,
        Olaf

Comment

thanks! i'm using fedora, so the script doesn't work but i'll see what it does and try that approach

Comment

Shouldn't the latest driver be contained in the rpmfusion repository as package "kmod-catalyst"?

Comment

Quite sure there will be a driver in a couple hours. We'll see.

Comment

Tried the rpmforge one. Same result: black screen after grub. Hard disk activities continue for a while afterwards though

Comment

It seems as if rpmforge still has driver ver. 11.11. whereas 12.01 was released yesterday. This driver probably has official support for HD 7970. I didn't test it, yet. Either try 12.01 directly from the amd homepage or wait for rpmforge to adopt the version.

Comment

If you are only worried by the unsupported watermark just fetch the control file after extracting the run installer and put it into /etc/ati.

Comment

Working...
                    X