Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA-API Video Acceleration On Intel Medfield

Phoronix: VA-API Video Acceleration On Intel Medfield

It turns out that Intel's recently-launched Medfield SoC for tablets and smart-phones will support VA-API for video acceleration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nobody cares of vaapi if the driver support will be like the closed source crap named poulsbo.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

If i would have got the hw then vaapi would be certainly one of the first things i would test - especially if it works with xbmc. So if somebody wants to send me a sample...

Comment

Well, we don't get it all, but modesetting + simple 2d accell + video decoding is a very interesting combo. Even if you don't go all-out XBMC, something that lools like Ubuntu TV seems feasible with software-rendered 2d animations and video.

Comment

ubuntu tv, well it seems they copied the movie scrapers from xbmc and wrote a new gui around it. there are many things that could go wrong in a new media player so i doubt that u tv will be stable enough soon.

Comment

Hoping for a fully open-source video stack. If we get that, there's hope that we can run a full-blown Linux distro like meego/mer on the Lenovo k800 (Provided that all the sensors and the GSM modem are open, too)

Comment

I would recommend any linux users stay away from medfield anyway, only get a machine with real intel graphics! I forsee that even if this might be improved over paulsbo but still a huge mess driver wise. Nvidia is the only proprietary linux driver I've used that isn't a broken mess.

Comment

Working...
              X