Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 17 Gets Beefier: Another Round Of Features

Phoronix: Fedora 17 Gets Beefier: Another Round Of Features

Fedora 17, which is codenamed the Beefy Miracle, has just picked up another round of features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How happy I will be as soon as Beefy Miracle gets outdated and attention moves on to it's successor. I can't tell you how much I hate those hot dog images all around. I have to admit though it might be somehow because I am vegetarian and also don't like mustard the best.

Keep on rockin' Fedora folks!

Comment

wow ,amazing!!! keep going guys!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by puntarenas View Post
        How happy I will be as soon as Beefy Miracle gets outdated and attention moves on to it's successor. I can't tell you how much I hate those hot dog images all around. I have to admit though it might be somehow because I am vegetarian and also don't like mustard the best.

Keep on rockin' Fedora folks!

Mairin Duffy, the lead Fedora designer and strong Beefy Miracle supporter, is also a vegetarian, so perhaps your hatred is based on something else?
        I like it. I've heard that, internally, are excited about this and I love that. When people get really involved in something with concrete goals (in this case, design) great work can come out it. She posted this (http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2012/01/13/beefy-has-a-beef/) recently, which I thought a great idea for a 404.

Comment

Sugar 0.96 is actually a fairly significant feature, as it'll involve porting the whole environment to GTK+ 3. And, as I never fail to enjoy pointing out to people, Sugar systems constitute the single largest deployment of Fedora anywhere. There's millions of OLPCs out there, and they all essentially run Fedora (the official Sugar builds are all built from a pure Fedora base).

Comment

Fedora 17 provides ldc compiler for D programming. But in more it add some library: GTKD, Derelict, DSQLITE, tango 2, phobos. And dmdfe will be 2.0.57 it could be upgrade to next.

Comment

Working...
            X