No announcement yet.

Call for testers: dhewm3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dhewg, i've been following your git for dhewm3 which is amazing! Major KUDOS for you! truly well done!

Comment

Originally posted by christian_frank View Post
      Any chance you can implemt parts of the "Sikkmod" doom3 mod ? It really pimps the graphic of the game. Sadly the mod
      is only availible for windows right now ..

Maybe you can implemt it directly into your version or simply build the mod for Linux ?
      This would be really fantastic !

Here is the link:

Sikkmod is a general enhancement mod for id Software's 2004 FPS: Doom 3. Its main purposes are to update visuals of Doom 3 to a more modern level and to allow the user to customize various aspects of the game to suit their preferred styles all while...

The source is included in the tarball.

Thanks a lot,
      christiaj
      it's a bit premature to ask that, imo. let dhewg do what he thinks is the best for his modified engine. Once he consider to have reach a certain point he might do that! of simple you can clone his git tree and you could work into implementing that if you are a coder ofc.

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
        it's a bit premature to ask that, imo. let dhewg do what he thinks is the best for his modified engine. Once he consider to have reach a certain point he might do that! of simple you can clone his git tree and you could work into implementing that if you are a coder ofc.
        Nah, its okay.
        The primary issue is that I don't know GL well enough, so I barely touched any renderer stuff in the tree (well apart from cleanups and refactoring).
        I actually have an older patch for sikkmod against my tree, but I can't tell if that's the way to go. What I can say is that most options from that mod make the performance suck on r600g.
        But anyone is welcome to improve the code and submit patches/pull requests

Comment

hmmm i could contact Sikk on the doom3world.org forums and ask him if he would be interested to do that based on your code.

Comment

funny i read iodoom3 but their git is almost inexistent, though there are many branches... i wonder what iodoom3 official git has become, Features and etc.

Comment

The question with iodoom3 comes up every now and then, and I think nobody knows.
              Back in december, when I had the 64bit version up and running, I opened a pull request over at git.iodoom.org, but nothing ever happened.

Comment

Hi Dhewg - thanks for the fantastic work. Thanks to your efforts I have managed to get it to build/run on AROS (www.aros.org), however I haven't fixed up the network code yet and it seems to crash the machine when you enter the marine camp doorway in mars city.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                  iodoom3 seems to be a nicer name, so perhaps if they could give you the name, then you don't even have to merge your efforts, they could perhaps just remove the other repos and give you the name.

Wouldn't that be a good idea? Not that dhewm3 is a bad name, your efforts are truly great and I'm really thankful for everything you've done.

Keep up the great work.
                  Well, the current name doesn't bother me, and 'iodoom3' implies a connection to icculus.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalamatee View Post
                    Hi Dhewg - thanks for the fantastic work. Thanks to your efforts I have managed to get it to build/run on AROS (www.aros.org), however I haven't fixed up the network code yet and it seems to crash the machine when you enter the marine camp doorway in mars city.
                    Nice, I once found a video about dhewm3 on AROS on youtube, guess that was you then?

Do you mean the door where the cutscene "took you some time, marine" starts?

Comment

If anyone wants to give it a try, I pushed my changes to the SDL2 wl driver to https://github.com/dhewg/libsdl, branch 'wl'.

Comment

Working...
                      X